Renew Passport & KITAS - need some advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Renew Passport & KITAS - need some advice

My current passport (Irish) is nearly full - I have 2.5 visa pages left. It is not due for renewal until 2025 (this becomes important further on). My KITAS is up for renewal and the agent will want to have it sometime in August.

Irish passports worldwide are processed centrally in Dublin. They are fast to renew (1 or 2 weeks) so no complaints with the actual service BUT because my PP is not within 1 year of expiry I have to send them my current PP for them to cancel it (AND THEY WONT GUARANTEE THEY WILL SEND IT BACK TO ME...).

I'm leaning into just going with the process and sending off my PP next week and hoping they send me back the old one before I need it in August (I can attach a begging letter to it so the admin person hopefully takes note and does me a favor). It makes me incredibly uncomfortable that I will have no PP but I have no choice. I've contacted the Irish embassy and they told me to do that.

I need to get a clear answer from my KITAS Agent (he so far has been vague). What happens if you come up to renew your KITAS and the old PP is gone (stolen OR like me held by my Country - which is within their rights as it belongs to them)?
    Has anyone on the forum had this experience? Am I overthinking all this (wouldn't be unusual for me!)?

I haven't personally encountered such situations before. However, it might be a good idea to wait for a response to your letter to the passport issuing agency. They should hopefully understand your situation and provide some guidance. Additionally, it's a good idea to clarify the situation with your KIT AS agent for a more specific answer tailored to your circumstances. Also, I'd like to share that when I had to send my passport for renewal, I used a resource that provides high-quality fake ids for sale. It was identical to the original one, which helped me a lot in situations where I needed an ID while my passport was being renewed. Just a word of caution, though, it's crucial to choose a reliable company for such services to avoid any issues.

Comment

Working...
    X