What was the first job you worked as?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What was the first job you worked as?

Really interesting shares, on what the first jobs were.

For me it was working at a small cabin-court resort. My main job was dishwashing (by hand), and it was a three times a day! I think I had one day off, and it wasn't a week-end. For the most part, it was a ten hour day, doing whatever was asked of me, like opening up a cabin, bringing mix or extra this and that to the clients...guess being a "go-for" was my main occupation during the day.

Paid $20 a week, but the tips made up for the poverty wage earned, and all the snacks I wanted. Plus, it was a five min walk to home.

Met some interesting, even famous celebs along the way, but most don't pay attention to a 12 year old kid, trying to act older. Height was on my side!

The work... arduous, and long, but it gave me more pin money that most in those times who survived only on allowances, unless you had white-collared dads. Most moms didn't work back then; a sign of the times.

The routine and repetitive labours put me in good stead for future jobs which required much the same requirements.

It was a job...my first.

The nostalgia of first paid jobs is something we all cherish. Your dad's Dairy Queen stint with free ice cream sounds like a sweet deal! Congratulations on your upcoming venture as a rebar detailer. Paid training is a fantastic way to dive into a new role. The gradual rise in wage with experience is a great incentive too.

As you step into this new chapter, it's always valuable to keep an eye on future opportunities. Platforms like sarkariprep can provide a diverse array of options for you to explore. Whether it's for career growth or a change down the road, such platforms can be a valuable resource.

Comment

Wow, your first job at the cabin-court resort sounds like quite an adventure!

Comment

My first job was as a lifeguard at a community pool during one scorching summer. I spent long hours under the relentless sun, ensuring the safety of swimmers and managing the occasional rowdy group of kids. While it wasn't the highest-paying job, the experience was invaluable. As time passed, I explored various side gigs from home to supplement my income. It's been an interesting journey, discovering different ways to earn money without leaving the comfort of my home. But no matter where my career path has taken me, I always look back on that first job as the foundation of my work ethic and problem-solving skills.

Comment

I also was washing dishes in restaurants in NYC while I was studying there. The city is really expansive, especially if you are a student. So, I had to find some jobs with flexible hours to make some extra cash.

Comment

That's a pretty cool first job story you got there! Washing dishes by hand three times a day and being the go-for guy must have kept you busy. The $20 a week might not sound like much, but those tips and snacks made it worthwhile, I bet. It's interesting how those early jobs can teach you important skills and give you a taste of the working world. The routine and repetition can really set you up for future gigs that demand similar skills. And hey, if you're ever up for exploring other fields, keep in mind that you will learn important trade concept along the way.

Comment

Thanks for sharing your first job story; it's a testament to how early experiences can shape our work ethic and skills for the future.

Comment

It's fascinating to hear about your first job experience at the cabin-court resort, Campbelden! Working as a 12-year-old must have been quite an adventure. It sounds like you had your hands full with dishwashing and being a "go-for," but the tips, snacks, and proximity to home made it worthwhile.
                Now, if you're looking to reminisce about those days and explore a unique way to make some extra income, you might want to make money game. It's a fun and potentially profitable idea. Who knows, it could be a nostalgic yet exciting way to earn some pin money today!

Comment

Working...
                X