Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to overcome fear/anxiety and make yourself accept that you need surgery?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to overcome fear/anxiety and make yourself accept that you need surgery?

hello friendly members,
    I am curious to learn about how you overcome fear/anxiety about the hernia surgery, especially open incision ones like Shouldice? I was recently confirmed to have inguinal hernia (reducible golf size) I am strongly favoring the non-mesh repair and my BMI is 19.6, good enough for a Shouldice type procedure, but I am struggling with potential large incisions (3-5 inches), surgical complications and/or post-operative pain and swelling etc. I feel that I am quite nervous and worry that I could faint on the operation table.
    Has this been discussed among members before? Does anyone have gone through similar struggle but eventually went for surgery successfully? I would love to hear about how you build your strength/courage and what you did to get yourself mentally ready?
    Thanks for your comments.

It's great that you're researching and seeking advice. Remember, knowledge can help alleviate some of those fears. As you consider the Shouldice procedure, it's essential to discuss your concerns with your healthcare provider. They can offer insights, guidance, and perhaps even address some of the specific worries you mentioned.

You might find it comforting to connect with individuals who have undergone similar surgeries. Hearing their stories and learning how they prepared mentally can provide a reassuring perspective. While you're building your strength and courage, remember that your health and well-being are the ultimate goals. As you gather information, also check out resources like fherehab.com – they might have valuable insights to share.

You've got this!

Comment

Working...
    X