OT - Arlington National Cemetery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT - Arlington National Cemetery

Some of you may or may not know this, but my wife and I go to Arlington every year the week before Christmas to puts wreaths on the Soldiers' headstones. This will be our 7th consecutive year going since we buried my stepfather at Arlington in 2015. Every year the week of our trip, I make a post offering pictures for any of the members here that have a friend or loved one buried there as well.
    All I need is their name or gravesite location. Arlington and the US Military hold a special place in our hearts so if anyone would like a picture of their headstone with a wreath, please let me know!

Wow, that's truly a touching tradition you and your wife have, visiting Arlington National Cemetery and placing wreaths on the Soldiers' headstones. It's such a heartfelt way to honor and remember those who have served. Your stepfather must have been an incredible person.

The fact that you offer to take pictures for others who have loved ones buried there is such a thoughtful gesture. If I come across anyone who'd appreciate this, I'll definitely point them your way. By the way, if you're looking for some epitaph examples to consider, there are some beautiful ones that capture the essence of a person's life and legacy.

Comment

What a beautiful tradition! It's heartwarming to see your dedication in honoring those laid to rest at Arlington. That gesture of offering pictures to those who can't visit their loved ones' graves is incredibly thoughtful. Speaking of honoring legacies, exploring eco-friendly afterlife options, like aquamation as shared on sites such as https://greenfarewells.com/aquamation/, could also contribute to preserving memories while being mindful of our planet. Keep spreading that warmth and connection through your heartfelt actions.
      Last edited by Richcoop; 11-27-2023, 03:18 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X