3 week trip April/May

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 week trip April/May

Hi. I am thinking about a 3 week trip to France in the caravan April next year leaving the UK on about the 22nd. We will be travelling through the tunnel as we have 2 small dogs with us so will start at Calais. As it will already have been a fairly long journey travelling from North West England we would be looking to stay about an hour and a half from Calais for the first 2 nights to have a break from the drive. As we are also thinking of returning in August/September for another 3 weeks to travel the north and west coast I would appreciate any suggestions or routes for my April trip. I have seen another post on here giving a suggested itinerary heading more south east and would appreciate any thoughts.

My husband would ideally not want to be driving more than 4 hrs a day but could maybe push that a little. We are hoping to leave our caravan in storage in France for the trip later in the year.

Any suggestions or places to avoid would be gratefully received as this is our first trip abroad with the caravan.

Avoid the "Horror-pheque" around Paris at ALL costs regardless of the time of day!

Comment

I see that the thread is one year old, but I'll still provide a friendly reply to your caravan trip in France.
      A 3-week caravan trip through France sounds like an amazing adventure! Starting from Calais and exploring different regions will give you a chance to discover the beauty and diversity of the country.
      For more specific suggestions and tips, you can check out the link you provided on CaravanTalk. It's a great platform to connect with fellow caravan enthusiasts and gather valuable insights.
      By the way, if you're planning train travel in Europe, you can visit https://www.dbfahrplan.com/de/ for train schedules and routes.

Comment

A caravan trip through France sounds fantastic!

Comment

Starting from Calais offers great options for your adventure. For a relaxing start after the journey, areas like Le Touquet or Saint-Omer could be ideal pit stops, offering a mix of charm and tranquility just an hour or so away. As for your route planning, consider beautiful regions like Normandy or Brittany, both rich in history and stunning landscapes. To make your later return easier, storing the caravan in France is a smart move. When you're ready to explore the north and west coasts later in the year, you might want to explore places like the Loire Valley or the stunning coastline of Brittany. And speaking of storing your caravan, it's always wise to find a reliable and secure spot. Just like the attention to detail and security offered by places like Los Altos Resort
          www.losaltosresort.com, ensuring peace of mind while you're away.
          Last edited by madtrevor; 12-26-2023, 09:04 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X