No announcement yet.

What should I invest in to get started?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What should I invest in to get started?

I am going through the MZ tutorial now. Obviously, I want to make an RPG, and I'm coming at this from a pretty blank slate. I know how to write, and I'm better-than-mediocre at anime art on physical paper but not quite sure how to draw on PC.

I understand I should probably be creating my own assets, and I'd definitely like to. My question is really -- what do I need for to produce pixel art? Another program? A stylus?

Are there other "must have" add-ons or tools I should look into?

Fwiw -- I'm not quite asking for a Bible "you must have these tools" so much as I am "what are good tools to budget for" or "what are standard tools people enjoy using."

A lot of people recommend using Aseprite or Pyxel Edit, both of which are specifically designed for creating pixel art. They are affordable and user-friendly, so they're perfect for beginners. Speaking of financial planning, it's great to see you're being proactive about budgeting for your new hobby. I found this helpful retirement plan services website that might give you some ideas on how to manage your finances as you pursue your passion for game development: https://www.humaninvesting.com/retirement-plan-services. My advice would be to start with the basics and invest in tools that will help you achieve your immediate goals.

Comment

Working...
    X