Canceling Spotify

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canceling Spotify

Given the high intelligence factor here, I assume everyone knows about celebrities pulling their material off Spotify.

Thoughts?

I am not affiliated with, nor do I listen to Spotify.

My Spotify subscription is maybe the best money I spend every month. The algos have helped me discover dozens if not hundreds of artists I'd never have heard of otherwise. Last year I listened to over 3000 different artists! All gems? Of course not, but to have all that music available is a very real kind of wealth

Comment

It's been a year and I also can announce that I leave Spotify. It's a tough decision but I stand by it. I think it's a personal decision for each artist and their reasons could vary. Some may not agree with Spotify's payment model, while others may have exclusive contracts with other streaming services.  It's a good music service but musicians can make their money only if they buy monthly listeners. Otherwise, the income from streaming is too insignificant. But ultimately, it's up to each individual to decide what works best for them. I've decided to leave.

Comment

Originally posted by Clarerisa View Post
        It's been a year and I also can announce that I leave Spotify. It's a tough decision but I stand by it. I think it's a personal decision for each artist and their reasons could vary. Some may not agree with Spotify's payment model, while others may have exclusive contracts with other streaming services.? It's a good music service but musicians can make their money only if they buy monthly listeners. Otherwise, the income from streaming is too insignificant. But ultimately, it's up to each individual to decide what works best for them spotify music promotion. I've decided to leave.
        The decision of celebrities to remove their material from Spotify can be influenced by various factors like royalty disputes, concerns about fair compensation, artistic integrity, or disagreements with Spotify's practices. It's a complex issue with implications for both artists and fans, reflecting ongoing debates about music industry dynamics and the value of creative work.
        Last edited by roxob; 06-11-2024, 04:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by roxob View Post
          The decision of celebrities to remove their material from Spotify can be influenced by various factors like royalty disputes, concerns about fair compensation, artistic integrity, or disagreements with Spotify's practices Instant YouTube Watch Hours. It's a complex issue with implications for both artists and fans, reflecting ongoing debates about music industry dynamics and the value of creative work.
          It's been a year and I also can announce that I leave Spotify. It's a tough decision but I stand by it. I think it's a personal decision for each artist and their reasons could vary. Some may not agree with Spotify's payment model, while others may have exclusive contracts with other streaming services.? It's a good music service but musicians can make their money only if they buy monthly listeners. Otherwise, the income from streaming is too insignificant. But ultimately, it's up to each individual to decide what works best for them. I've decided to leave.

Comment

Working...
          X