Recent study shows 30% of Americans Abuse Alcohol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recent study shows 30% of Americans Abuse Alcohol

(CBS) More than 30 percent of American adults have abused alcohol or suffered from alcoholism at some point in their lives, and few have received treatment, according to a new government study.

For full story please visit:

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/...r=HOME_3007571

With 30% of Americans abusing alcohol you would think that the USA government would want to ban/prohibition this problem like they are trying to do with online gambling.

Originally posted by BettorsChat
    With 30% of Americans abusing alcohol you would think that the USA government would want to ban/prohibition this problem like they are trying to do with online gambling.

Comment

Originally posted by kbsooner21
      If they want to ban addicting things then they need to re-examine Alcohol.

Comment

Only .4% of people have gambling problems compared to 30% of Americans and Alcohol

http://www.bettorschat.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=127530

Comment

If they want to ban addicting things then they need to re-examine Alcohol.
          What's next? Coffee with all the caffeine? Cigarettes and chew with the nicotine?

Comment

What's next? Coffee with all the caffeine? Cigarettes and chew with the nicotine?
            Ask the Government, because they want to continue to be hypocrites.

Comment

They get their tax dollars from it, so I doubt we see any of those going away anytime soon.

Comment

They get their tax dollars from it, so I doubt we see any of those going away anytime soon.
                That's the exact reason

Regulating online gambling will generate billions in tax revenue too. So now go call your favorite Republicans and let them know.

Comment

That's the exact reason

Regulating online gambling will generate billions in tax revenue too. So now go call your favorite Republicans and let them know.
                  Yea, cause they're dying to hear from me

Comment

I have said the same thing over and over and I know first hand( about alcoholism)!! It is a business just like cigarette smoking....The cancer, emphasyma(SP) drunken driving accidents, breaking up of families and domestic violence because of alcohol. Does the social drinker keep these people in business????? No way.It is the alcoholics that do. I am not going on any tirade but I have thought about this long and hard over the past few years!! It is all addiction...gambling, alcohol and sex...take alcohol out of it and I think there would be a lot less of family break up, shootings, domestic violence, senseless road collisons etc etc I could go on!!

Comment

NEVER EVER GOING TO HAPPEN...do not even waste your breath.....big big business....

i know alcohol first hand...mother is an alcoholic and is in hospital for it now....gran mal seizures from it.....but do i blame the government......nope....just like i can not blame them for smoking or people gambling....a lack of discipline is to blame....

i do not think this is a dem or republican issue monte......ask your boy ted kennedy....he drinks enough for all of us.....

Comment

Only .4% of people have gambling problems compared to 30% of Americans and Alcohol

http://www.bettorschat.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=127530

i am sure it is because more people drink than gamble.......i would like to see the stat that says what % of drinkers have a problem and what % of gamblers have a problem...not just a % of the pool of just "people"...it is too skewed that way to make it appear drinking is the bigger problem

Comment

Did u say coffee time with the lovedoc???

Comment

Sorry but this is a Republican issue. If you can't figure that one out then I don't know what to tell you.

Comment

Sorry but this is a Republican issue. If you can't figure that one out then I don't know what to tell you.

man,

everything is dem or rep with you......good luck with that....

is it hypocritical....probably......but it is what it is

Comment

Working...
                              X