English Language

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• English Language

Yuri said something that is very true..why is it that some American cant even speak proper English? I'm talking about simple grammatical errors in a sentence.

It seems like these damn rap videos encourage kids to speak a whole new dialect. I love rap music but this shit is out of hand. I dont even understand what the hell these rappers are saying now. When I was working at a daycare, I was approached by a 3rd grade girl who said, "I've done been had five barbie dolls"....wtf does that mean?

I guess it doesnt help when your parents cant speak an ounce of proper English as well. I'm tutoring a kid who cant stop saying.."that is mine's." That shit kills me. I correct that fuckers English every time we talk. I ask him do you say me's or I's - his response..sometimes. Kill me
    NFL Kruise
    2-2*

*updated as of 9/9

sad but true! "I've done been had five barbie dolls"

Comment

Originally posted by kbsooner21
      sad but true! "I've done been had five barbie dolls"

So....I've done been have'n 6 Barbie's

Who was it, a few years back in the NBA ( Mailman I think )

that made the statement .... "If I do be traded...."

Damn son ...what college did you attend ?

Comment

It's pretty frightening Tkim.

I'm not a parent so I can't speak from my own personal experience but it seems like more parents these days pay less attention to their childrens' education. They don't spend time helping with homework, etc. There seems to be this attitude that it's solely the school's and teachers' job to "educate". Again, this is not ALL parents.

My dad use to sit with me when I was younger and make me do one math problem after the other. He also used to make me practice writing in a calligraphy book. Damn I hated it but now I appreciate what he was doing.

My younger brother is a high school teacher so he also fills me in on what's going on.
        Remember, one just man causes the Devil greater affliction than a million blind believers

Comment

Originally posted by yuri
          My dad use to sit with me when I was younger and make me do one math problem after the other. He also used to make me practice writing in a calligraphy book. Damn I hated it but now I appreciate what he was doing.
          My mom used to do the same. Every summer, I had 2 books to read (*****-ass books), and Math workbooks up the a-hole. I learned my multiplication table when I was going into 1st grade. Fucken other kids were writing 1,2,3 and I was mulitplying - I dont remmeber this but my mom told me. I remembering studying for the SAT's when I was in 7th grade..that was fun. Jesus, my mom fucked me up when it came to school. My dad's favorite saying was you either get an A or you have failed...what the hell kind of motivational speech was that...hahhahaha..cracks me up just thinking about it.

Well, just got great news. My boss gave me a raise. He said, "I had to be the most motivated person he met" Time to bet even more
          NFL Kruise
          2-2*

*updated as of 9/9

Comment

Originally posted by tkim11
            Well, just got great news. My boss gave me a raise. He said, "I had to be the most motivated person he met" Time to bet even more
            That a kid

Comment

Originally posted by tkim11
              I'm 25 and close to breaking 50k....My goal is to break 60k my next year
              what do you do??? besides gamble

Comment

I'm 25 and close to breaking 50k....My goal is to break 60k my next year
                NFL Kruise
                2-2*

*updated as of 9/9

Comment

Originally posted by TwoTonTony
                  what do you do??? besides gamble
                  I play hockey, flag football, gym-hoar, and read. I'm a home body. I never liked going out.

If your talking about how else do i make money...just work. I help my friend out once or twice a year selling funnel cakes for his father-in-law but nothing big. I get paid $10 hr doing that shit...feels like I'm back in college.
                  NFL Kruise
                  2-2*

*updated as of 9/9

Comment

Working...
                  X