Why ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CheechB03
    OK. Maybe ATMs are a poor example for the reasons you stated. But I agree with Wayne. Make the default language english giving the option of listening to spanish.
    No problem with that;as stated I was simply trying to make a point where for a tourist(who importantly is only VISITING and not residing) where it would be nice to have the option of choosing the language.

Comment

Originally posted by wayne1218
      I have NOTHING against Spanish or any other language but i'm a U.S. citizen in the U.S. and i do not have "English speech problems", therefore i want my language without pressing buttons to get to it. The question shouldn't be any deeper than that. The question was simple.

I hope you didn't think I said you have "English speech problems", haha. Seriously.

How many times a year do you have to call and hear that option and then have to choose "English"?

I'd guess that in 1 year, that could take up 1 hour of your life. And I'm being generous. To me, there are bigger nuisances and problems in the day than that. Like living life and living it well.
      Remember, one just man causes the Devil greater affliction than a million blind believers

Comment

Originally posted by Lsufan
        No entiendo lo que usted está diciendo.
        Que lastima! lol

Comment

Originally posted by yuri
          I love this whole defense of English and the outrage when Spanish is used or brought up. Yet a great number of "Americans" speak English poorly and don't know basic rules of grammar and structure. If there is such love for English, learn it!
          Agreed some Americans speak English poorly. However, it still is our native language.

Comment

And as our native language, I feel we should all take pride in learning it. That's all I'm saying.
            Remember, one just man causes the Devil greater affliction than a million blind believers

Comment

Originally posted by yuri
              I hope you didn't think I said you have "English speech problems", haha. Seriously.

How many times a year do you have to call and hear that option and then have to choose "English"?

I'd guess that in 1 year, that could take up 1 hour of your life. And I'm being generous. To me, there are bigger nuisances and problems in the day than that. Like living life and living it well.
              Hours, especially with hold time and it's a few bills.

PLUS, How many English speaking americans in this country spend those hours opposed to the ones who don't have to?

Trust me, it doesn't bother me that much and i'm not losing sleep, but it doesn't make any sense either way.

Comment

Wayne

I understand what you're saying, but it could be worse.......

for example.......for "Chunganese" press #3..........

I guess even that is a matter of time---- kapt

Don't make me go Cajun on your Ass!

Comment

Originally posted by Kaptain

LMAO ... Good point!

Comment

haha, i love your attitude Kapt.
                    I hear ya Wayne on being inconvenienced.

But I guess I try not to let shit like that bother me. Life's too short. You know what I mean

Comment

"Calling an illegal alien an 'undocumented immigrant'
                      is like calling a drug dealer an 'unlicensed pharmacist'"

Comment

Originally posted by Kaptain

Can you imagine?

Press 1 for Spanish
                        Press 2 for Chinese
                        Press 3 for French
                        Press 4 for Italian
                        Press 99 for English (ten minutes later)

lol

Comment

Can you imagine?

Press 1 for Spanish
                          Press 2 for Chinese
                          Press 3 for French
                          Press 4 for Italian

lol

Let's not get carried away.

Comment

Can you imagine?

Press 1 for Spanish
                            Press 2 for Chinese
                            Press 3 for French
                            Press 4 for Italian

lol
                            To make it better, they may even start playing Spanish music while on hold.
                            "Calling an illegal alien an 'undocumented immigrant'
                            is like calling a drug dealer an 'unlicensed pharmacist'"

Comment

The more I think about this matter, the more I think it is a business decision made by many companies to accommodate Hispanics of which there are quite a few.
                              Sure I can see where it is irritating for the average American to have to push buttons when he feels he should not have to.
                              However, I would think that many businesses and companies who want Hispanics to buy their products might not see it in quite the same way.
                              Remember this is a capitalistic society, and most businesses don't care what nationality present and prospective customers are;they want the business.
                              Thus, from their perspective, it makes perfectly good business sense to accommodate people/Hispanics by offering such things as choosing your language.
                              I didn't say I agreed;I am merely saying that I feel to an extent, this is in sense a natural extension of how our society operates.

Comment

Originally posted by savage1
                                The more I think about this matter, the more I think it is a business decision made by many companies to accommodate Hispanics of which there are quite a few.
                                Sure I can see where it is irritating for the average American to have to push buttons when he feels he should not have to.
                                However, I would think that many businesses and companies who want Hispanics to buy their products might not see it in quite the same way.
                                Remember this is a capitalistic society, and most businesses don't care what nationality present and prospective customers are;they want the business.
                                Thus, from their perspective, it makes perfectly good business sense to accommodate people/Hispanics by offering such things as choosing your language.
                                I didn't say I agreed;I am merely saying that I feel to an extent, this is in sense a natural extension of how our society operates.
                                Bottom line: money.
                                Also those that attack/protest illegal workers/immigrants also need to direct some of their criticism to the "legal" and "American" companies that hire illegal labour. Two sides to every tale.

Comment

Working...
                                X