• Show
Clear All

• Why ???

Why is this ..........
    Attached Files

Don't get me started. lol

Even at the ATM machines I have to press 1

Comment

Shit pisses me off too !! No Amnesty ... No Mas !!

Comment

Seriously though. I called up to pay a bill a few weeks ago and it starts out by saying "For English, press1" and then it starts going all spanish on me.

Why the hell doesn't it just say "For Spanish, press 1" and then start going all English on me?

WTF is up with that???

Comment

I get the point and agree for the most part, but I will say this-from my perspective it helped a little bit when I was in Colombia and the ATM gave ME the option of choosing which language I wanted to use in the transaction-Spanish or English;lets be fair about this.
          ps Even though I myself speak some Spanish, what about an Amercian who does not?
          Last edited by savage1; 06-10-2006, 11:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by savage1
            I get the point and agree for the most part, but I will say this-from my perspective it helped a little bit when I was in Colombia and the ATM gave ME the option of choosing which language I wanted to use in the transaction-Spanish or English;lets be fair about this.
            We are in the U.S. where the OVERWHELMING NUMBER 1 LANGUAGE is ENGLISH. I have no problem with them having options but please try again to answer post number 4.

Thanks in advance!

Comment

post number four straight bullshit
              "I used to be a heavy gambler. But now I just make mental bets. That's how I lost my mind." - Steve Allen

Comment

Originally posted by wayne1218
                We are in the U.S. where the OVERWHELMING NUMBER 1 LANGUAGE is ENGLISH. I have no problem with them having options but please try again to answer post number 4.

Thanks in advance!
                I agree with you on that post for sure;I am just pointing out that say in the case of a tourist many ATM'S and merchants do speak English in order to accommodate those from the US who do not speak Spanish.
                Sure their motivations are to increased their sales potential, but I did want to make it known that it is not a black and white situation.
                I don't know if you personally speak Spanish or not, but if you were in Colombia for example and did NOT speak English, wouldn't you feel a little bit more at ease/better of trying to use an ATM if you could get the instructions in English?

Comment

No entiendo lo que usted está diciendo.
                  "Calling an illegal alien an 'undocumented immigrant'
                  is like calling a drug dealer an 'unlicensed pharmacist'"

Comment

but if you were in Colombia for example and did NOT speak English, wouldn't you feel a little bit more at ease/better of trying to use an ATM if you could get the instructions in English?
                    Yes, and that's where it should say "For English, press 1" ... NOT here!

Comment

I agree with you on that post for sure;I am just pointing out that say in the case of a tourist many ATM'S and merchants do speak English in order to accommodate those from the US who do not speak Spanish.
                      Sure their motivations are to increased their sales potential, but I did want to make it known that it is not a black and white situation.
                      I don't know if you personally speak Spanish or not, but if you were in Colombia for example and did NOT speak English, wouldn't you feel a little bit more at ease/better of trying to use an ATM if you could get the instructions in English?
                      OK. Maybe ATMs are a poor example for the reasons you stated. But I agree with Wayne. Make the default language english giving the option of listening to spanish.

Comment

I love this whole defense of English and the outrage when Spanish is used or brought up. Yet a great number of "Americans" speak English poorly and don't know basic rules of grammar and structure. If there is such love for English, learn it!
                        Remember, one just man causes the Devil greater affliction than a million blind believers

Comment

N.B. I did not direct my sentence to anyone on this board.
                          Remember, one just man causes the Devil greater affliction than a million blind believers

Comment

Originally posted by yuri
                            I love this whole defense of English and the outrage when Spanish is used or brought up. Yet a great number of "Americans" speak English poorly and don't know basic rules of grammar and structure. If there is such love for English, learn it!
                            Great point and very well taken!

Comment

Originally posted by yuri
                              I have NOTHING against Spanish or any other language but i'm a U.S. citizen in the U.S. and i do not have "English speech problems", therefore i want my language without pressing buttons to get to it. The question shouldn't be any deeper than that. The question was simple.

Comment

Working...
                              X