- Muscleguy

LOL priceless
    2013 NCAA POD Record

8-3ATS +3.80 units

2013 NFL POD Record

1-2 ATS -4.50 units

Comment

Originally posted by CheechB03
      American's have lost their priorities. There's all this crying about the Iraq war. Wether you agree with the war or not there's a more import war being fought under out noses. Violent Crime

In America in 2004, there was more than 16,000 murders, almost 95,000 Forcible rapes on women. That number does not include statutory rape. Approximately 872,000 children were determined to be victims of child maltreatment. Of which, about 18 percent were physically abused, 10 percent were sexually abused. 87,000 of our kids were sexually abused. That number is staggering.

We train our soldier to fight wars. We give them arms. We've done so for centuries. Many soldiers expect and accept the possibility of losing their life. Last night, for the first time, I watched Baghdad ER on HBO. One soldier that was injured was pissed because they were flying him to Germany for surgery. Why was he pissed? BECAUSE HE KNEW THAT WAS HIS JOB. He also didn't want to leave behind his comrades.

Yet while this is going on, our children are being starved, slaughtered, beat and raped. Patty Davis and other anti-war groups will gather by the thousands. They'll sleep for days outside Bush's Texas ranch. While our Americans are massacred here at home on our own soil. By fellow Americans.

Hate Bush? Great. BUT let's fight a real cause. A REAL WAR.
      Couldnt agree more.
      NFL Kruise
      2-2*

*updated as of 9/9

Comment

Originally posted by savage1
        There was unanimous support for the war back then, which is not the case now, because of the circumstances involved-responding to a direct attack as opposed to invading a sovereign nation which did not attack us.
        Prior to Pearl Harbor there was NO support FOR going to war. Only after we were attacked there was support.

The most important is that whether FDR planned it or not(which I doubt)
        There's been dozens of reports made by high ranking officials at the time that FDR knew the attack was imminent but never warned the Pearl Harbor commanders.

From http://home.flash.net/~manniac/pharbor.htm

December 6, 1941, A message that was intercepted by the US navy is placed before Franklin Delano Roosevelt. Sent from Tokyo to a Japanese Embassy in Washington, it was encoded in the top-level Japanese "Purple Code", it stated that the Japanese were going to end relations with the United States. Roosevelt, after reading the thirteen-page transmission said, "This Means War."

But then he did something that is a little strange. Absolutely nothing. He knew about the Japanese secret declaration of war, but he never told the people that needed to know: Admiral Husband E. Kimmel, commander in chief of the United States Pacific Fleet at Pearl Harbor, Hawaii, and the unit's commanding general, Walter Short. Pearl Harbor, it was common military knowledge, was where the Japanese would strike. If they struck.

At dawn the next morning, a Japanese squadron bombed Pearl Harbor and the surprise attack was just that, a surprise. At least to Kimmel and Short and the 4,575 American servicemen who died.
        Read the entire web page. It's a interesting read.

Comment

Savage had to bring up the "M" name.....

Remember the three R's:
          Respect for self; Respect for others; and Responsibility for all your actions.

Comment

If you can read this, thank a teacher.
            If you are reading it in English thank a Veteran.

"Calling an illegal alien an 'undocumented immigrant'
            is like calling a drug dealer an 'unlicensed pharmacist'"

Comment

Prior to Pearl Harbor there was NO support FOR going to war. Only after we were attacked there was support.

There's been dozens of reports made by high ranking officials at the time that FDR knew the attack was imminent but never warned the Pearl Harbor commanders.

From http://home.flash.net/~manniac/pharbor.htm

Read the entire web page. It's a interesting read.
              It sure is interesting, and I was not aware of any of that.
              I forwarded the post to my mom, who is 86, very politically astute and lived through this era for her comments.

Comment

It sure is interesting, and I was not aware of any of that.
                I forwarded the post to my mom, who is 86, very politically astute and lived through this era for her comments.
                I'd be interested in your mom's comments.

Savage, here's another great read

http://www.freerepublic.com/forum/a3a3522a943db.htm

After the report is a forum type discussion.

For anyone interested in military history. Scroll about 2/3 down the webpage. Look for the discussion between Poohbah and Vast Buffalo Wing Conspiracy. Some pretty interesting stuff.

Comment

For anyone interested in military history. Scroll about 2/3 down the webpage. Look for the discussion between Poohbah and Vast Buffalo Wing Conspiracy. Some pretty interesting stuff.
                  Specifically this post: Posted on 12/22/2000 22:33:03 PST by Vast Buffalo Wing Conspiracy

A great read

Comment

I'd be interested in your mom's comments.

I'd be interested to see what avatar she chooses when she signs up to post these comments......
                    Remember the three R's:

Comment

Originally posted by rwall
                      I'd be interested to see what avatar she chooses when she signs up to post these comments......
                      Don't worry;if and when she responds, it will be directly to me.

Comment

Specifically this post: Posted on 12/22/2000 22:33:03 PST by Vast Buffalo Wing Conspiracy

A great read
                        I read what you posted, and I am in no position to argue with either side, as to tell you the truth I am far from a history buff .
                        It is quite interesting and I must admit issues like this over the long haul have a lot more relevance/importance as to whether their are point shaving attempts in the NBA.
                        Last edited by savage1; 06-09-2006, 01:20 PM.

Comment

Don't worry;if and when she responds, it will be directly to me.
                          Are you going to screen her comments because you know she's a REPUBLICAN and will choose an avatar that says BUSH ROCKS!!!!!!
                          Remember the three R's:

Comment

Originally posted by rwall
                            Are you going to screen her comments because you know she's a REPUBLICAN and will choose an avatar that says BUSH ROCKS!!!!!!
                            My mom a republican? If you think I am liberal, then lets just say that my mom is a lot more so.
                            She would more likely choose an avatar that says Bush Sucks.

Comment

I read what you posted, and I am in no position to argue with either side, as to tell you the truth I am far from a history buff .
                              It is quite interesting and I must admit issues like this over the long haul have a lot more relevance/importance as to whether their are point shaving attempts in the NBA.
                              I'm not interested in an arguement. Let others from their own opinions. For me this type of stuff is extremely interesting. That forum offers some incredible insight to our countries military history.

Agreed it certainly is better than debating the Laker's point shaving or Barry Bonds steroid use. There's many things far more important than sports.

Comment

I'm not interested in an arguement. Let others from their own opinions. For me this type of stuff is extremely interesting. That forum offers some incredible insight to our countries military history.

Agreed it certainly is better than debating the Laker's point shaving or Barry Bonds steroid use. There's many things far more important than sports.
                                Cheech-I meant to argue with guys debating in the THREAD you posted and not here.
                                It is great stuff and actually right up my alley.
                                I really do wish I could go back in time, be a fly on the wall and find out what REALLY happened back then.

Comment

Working...
                                X