An Ugly Opinion Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wayne1218
    I F-ING HATE Cats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anything that shits in a box in the house can get tha' FUCK OUT!!!!

Fur balls everywhere and ZERO protection for your house. What good are they?
    LMAO FUNNIEST post of the year.

I have one question:

Why say "I F-ING" then later in your post say "FUCK"? lmao

Comment

Originally posted by TwoTonTony
      first of all you do not forget to take your dog out....The dog should be walked daily and it needs to do its business twice a day....Not much to ask for the companionship you get in return.....Dogs love is unconditional.....My experience with cats is they operate on their terms.......They have time for you when they need you......Very independent.....I know I know.....every cat owners cat is different....My sister said the same thing yet her house smelled like cat piss.....
      I agree. There's more responsibility owning a dog. A Dogs love is unconditional. I pity any person that goes after any of my daughters. A few weeks ago a male friend of my daughter tried to throw her in the pool. Zeus, my male American Bull dog, was not thrilled. In a kind way he made his presence known. He made it very clear to this boy that'll they'll be no messing with any of his girls.

Comment

Originally posted by CheechB03
        I agree. There's more responsibility owning a dog. A Dogs love is unconditional. I pity any person that goes after any of my daughters. A few weeks ago a male friend of my daughter tried to throw her in the pool. Zeus, my male American Bull dog, was not thrilled. In a kind way he made his presence known. He made it very clear to this boy that'll they'll be no messing with any of his girls.
        Ok-then wouldn't you agree perhaps that for someone who for whatever reason desires LESS responsibility, a cat could be a good choice.
        Regarding above and iindependence, one thing I think it might be easier for a cat owner to do than a dog owner is to go on vacation/business trip for a few days, a week or even two, leave the cat in the house and have someone simply feed it and change the litter until you get back and perhaps just stay with it a few minutes each day.
        Correct me if I am wrong, but woudn't the situation be a little more complicated with a dog, in addition to the fact of course that simply because a cat is more independent, it will do better.
        I know in my own case I went to Colombia three times since last August-the trips were from 8-10 days.
        My ex-wife and daughter came over to the house 1-2 times a day, did what I said above and everything went wwll.
        Now in all honesty, my wife and daughter did sense the cat missed me, BUT she continued to eat well, and from my perspective that was fine.
        When I returned, the cat was happy and obviously me also.
        Again, maybe my cat is different from some other cats;afterall the fact that I am home so much means the bond might be stronger.
        I know from my perspective and this has always been the case, as much as I know I will be glad to get home to see my cat after a trip,I have always been able to go away and enjoy my vacation without worrying about any of my cats simply because of the fact that they have all been so independent.
        I am curious as a cat owner and lover whether any of you dog owners have experienced any of the problems that I don't have as a cat owner and/or if they do, whether you accept them as "going with the terrritory."

Comment

Originally posted by savage1
          Ok-then wouldn't you agree perhaps that for someone who for whatever reason desires LESS responsibility, a cat could be a good choice.
          Regarding above and iindependence, one thing I think it might be easier for a cat owner to do than a dog owner is to go on vacation/business trip for a few days, a week or even two, leave the cat in the house and have someone simply feed it and change the litter until you get back and perhaps just stay with it a few minutes each day.
          Correct me if I am wrong, but woudn't the situation be a little more complicated with a dog, in addition to the fact of course that simply because a cat is more independent, it will do better.
          I know in my own case I went to Colombia three times since last August-the trips were from 8-10 days.
          My ex-wife and daughter came over to the house 1-2 times a day, did what I said above and everything went wwll.
          Now in all honesty, my wife and daughter did sense the cat missed me, BUT she continued to eat well, and from my perspective that was fine.
          When I returned, the cat was happy and obviously me also.
          Again, maybe my cat is different from some other cats;afterall the fact that I am home so much means the bond might be stronger.
          I know from my perspective and this has always been the case, as much as I know I will be glad to get home to see my cat after a trip,I have always been able to go away and enjoy my vacation without worrying about any of my cats simply because of the fact that they have all been so independent.
          I am curious as a cat owner and lover whether any of you dog owners have experienced any of the problems that I don't have as a cat owner and/or if they do, whether you accept them as "going with the terrritory."
          To be honest. I don't dislike all cats. I had 2 very good cats. Unfortunately both died young. About 4 or 5 years old. This is the first cat I've had this long. My previous cats might have turned out the same way. The first year we had this cat she was playful. Since she's been a bore. She really is a moody bitch.

Comment

To be honest. I don't dislike all cats. I had 2 very good cats. Unfortunately both died young. About 4 or 5 years old. This is the first cat I've had this long. My previous cats might have turned out the same way. The first year we had this cat she was playful. Since she's been a bore. She really is a moody bitch.
            I hear ya. I have heard stories of cats which no matter what their owners try to be kind, are simply unresponsive ans sometimes just downright ornery.
            I have also heard that sometimes cats/kittens which are bred do NOT make as good as pets as ones which are just everyday cats which families wish to give away or in the case of my present cat, a stray cat obtained in a shelter.
            Some might laugh at this, but I really do believe that sometimes cats and dogs which are stray and in a shelter have some sort of appreciation for being taken into a home and being loved and cared for.
            Last edited by savage1; 06-07-2006, 11:02 PM.

Comment

Some might laugh at this, but I really do believe that sometimes cats and dogs which are stray and in a shelter have some sort of appreciation for being taken into a home and being loved and cared for.
              I believe it. Both my dogs were giving to me because the previous owner had to get rid of them. We were told my 4 year old male America Bull dog was a nightmare. That he shit, pissed and tore up the house. In 6 months he's never done any of those. He's a great dog. Very playful. Great personality. He's always making us laugh. However, between my girlfriend, my three daughters and myself he gets lots of attention. He thrives on the attention.

He used to scare the hell out of my neighbors when he charged at them. Now they know he's harmless.

Comment

I believe it. Both my dogs were giving to me because the previous owner had to get rid of them. We were told my 4 year old male America Bull dog was a nightmare. That he shit, pissed and tore up the house. In 6 months he's never done any of those. He's a great dog. Very playful. Great personality. He's always making us laugh. However, between my girlfriend, my three daughters and myself he gets lots of attention. He thrives on the attention.

He used to scare the hell out of my neighbors when he charged at them. Now they know he's harmless.
                There you go, and I am sure you and your family derive a great feeling of pleasure and satisfaction(and rightfully so!).
                It is sort of like a player who stinks up the joint on one team because he feels he is not wanted, and then when he is traded, he becomes a star overnight, which in some cases is simply living up to his potential.

Comment

How much money would it take for you personally to give up that dog or cat with ZERO possibility you would ever see it again.

I am not sure myself I could enumerate an amount. for myself.

I love my current three year old cat, and I could not bear the thought of not having or seeing her again.
                  And we all know now that your cat loves you too
                  "Calling an illegal alien an 'undocumented immigrant'
                  is like calling a drug dealer an 'unlicensed pharmacist'"

Comment

Originally posted by Lsufan
                    And we all know now that your cat loves you too
                    You had better believe it, although not "quite" in the way you suggested in your other thread.
                    However, she rubs against my feet and licks my arms or face once in a while to express her feelings.
                    She is just a great cat, plain and simple!

Comment

Working...
                    X