• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wayne you have nascar mail

standings need fixing
    2007 BCS and 2009 BCS CHAMPS
    2006 & 2007 NCAA MENS BASKETBALL CHAMPS
    2008 & 2010 RAYS BASEBALL AMERICAN LEAGUE CHAMPS

I didn't do them. My Fiance did. What's the problem?

Comment

Originally posted by bhs4life
      standings need fixing
      You are smoking the good stuff charlie. The bonus points are added into the number on the left already. That's why your boy Newman finished in 14th and received more points than Labonte in 13th. Because he had 5 bonus points and Labonte didn't.

Comment

no it was 126 + 5 right? im sorry if im wrong but i think you are

Comment

no it was 126 + 5 right? im sorry if im wrong but i think you are
          You're wrong. Did you even read my response above?

Comment

How the NASCAR point system works

The biggest barometer of how a NASCAR team determines its success or failure during a season is the number of series points it earns.

The winner of each NASCAR race receives 180 points. The runner-up in each event scores 170. From there, the point total declines in five-point increments for places two through six, points awarded drop four points per driver for positions seven through 11 and three-point increments separate drivers' points for finishers in 12th place or lower.

The 43rd, or last-place driver, gets 34 points.

There are also bonus points up for grabs at each event. Drivers receive five points for leading a lap and an additional five points for leading the most laps.

In Nextel Cup racing, following the 26th race of the season, all drivers in the NASCAR Top 10 and any others within 400 points of the leader will earn a berth in the "Chase for the Championship."

All drivers in the "chase" will have their point totals adjusted. The first-place driver in the standings will begin the chase with 5,050 points; the second-place driver will start with 5,045, etc. Incremental five-point drops will continue through the list of title contenders.

Owners are rewarded in the points race in much the same fashion but, unlike drivers, they earn points for merely attempting to make a race. If an owner shows up with a pair of drivers, and one fails to qualify, the owner still receives points for the non-qualifying effort.

The fastest non-qualifier on race day earns 31 points for his owner, three down from the 43rd-place points. The scale continues downward from there for all non-qualifiers, with the lowest possible point(s) awarded being one.

Manufacturers have a points race of their own. The car maker who has a driver take first place in a race earns nine points for that race. Second-best performance by a manufacturer gets six points, third place earns four points and fourth place, three points.

I APOLOGIZE

Comment

I've been running these pools for a few years now and i know the point system well.

Comment

standings need fixing
                What the hell is nascar?

Signed,
                JC

Comment

Working...
                X