Colts home game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colts home game

Hey, I live in MD and I want to watch Manning play at his house. Problem is I've never been to Indy. Can you guys tell me where I should stay (as long it has a bed), what airport I should get off at, etc.
    NFL Kruise
    2-2*

*updated as of 9/9

where

in MD? I am very familiar with both and it is only a 9 hr. dirve each way. Often end up in either Montgomery or Anne Arundal county areas.

If you fly into Indy the airport is on the west side of town but only 10 minutes or less from downtown and the dome. If you rent a car you can literally stay anywhere on the West side, OR BETTER would be to stay at one of the choice hotels downtown like a Radison or even a Holiday Inn type across from Union Station where some rooms are even actual train car replicas. Staying downtown next to the dome you can walk (very safe mind you as it is a clean downtown) to ANY one of a bunch of great sports bars and your choice of high class restaurants if you wish. Most of the ESPN and major network boys end up at either St. Elmo's Steak house downtown or some of the high dollar Italian joints.

You are also right next to Conseco Field House where the Pacers play and the NCAA Final FOUR and Regionals are held. The NCAA Committee also is now housed in Indy permanentaly in a huge new high tech office space up on the rich North side.

Victory Field is also virtually a new Baseball Field (home of the Indianapolis Indians AAA team whose parent team was the Brewers up to two years ago and now is with the Pirates) (Zack Duke was one of their starters as is Ian Snell now too for the Pole Rats from Piggsylvania) and draw great crowds which put several so called major league teams to shame!

You are also only about 5 minutes from Speedway which is the Indy 500 Race Track. Great museum of the old cars and such there too.

GREAT PLACE......GREAT FANS......VERY NICE PEOPLE. NOTE.....Just remember not to venture out to 38th street as that would be the "dark and drugged out" area that most big cities are plagued with.

HOPE this helps a little bit............BEST OF LUCK TO YOU ON YOUR TRIP and the game! You would have a great time. Goldvike
    I am NOT schizophrenic......and NEITHER am I! Just paranoid that fear may overcome my insanity!

Comment

Cool, thanks buddy! Seems like the city is booimg with a lot of attractions!
      NFL Kruise
      2-2*

*updated as of 9/9

Comment

Working...
      X