Driver Has 18 Times Legal Alcohol Limit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Driver Has 18 Times Legal Alcohol Limit

Lithuanian police were so astonished when they pulled over a truck driver and his breathalyzer test registered 18 times the legal alcohol limit, they thought their testing device must be broken. It wasn't.

Police said Tuesday 41-year-old Vidmantas Sungaila registered 7.27 grams per liter of alcohol in his blood repeatedly on different devices when he was pulled over for driving his truck down the center of a two-lane highway 60 miles from the capital, Vilnius on Saturday.

Lithuania's legal limit is 0.4 grams per liter.

"This guy should have been lying dead, but he was still driving. It must be an unofficial national record," Saulius Skvernelis, the director of the national police traffic control service, told the AP. "He was of high spirits and grinning the whole time he was questioned."

Medical experts say anything above 3.5 grams per liter of alcohol in the blood is lethal for most people.

"A person this intoxicated should be in an intensive care unit, not behind the wheel," said Tautvydas Zikaras, head of the dependence illness center in the country's second-largest city, Kaunas. Zikaras said he had never heard or read of someone being so drunk.

Sungaila, who was slapped with a 3,000 litas ($1,110) fine and the loss of his license for up to three years, told police he had been drinking the night before and tried to freshen up by downing a pint of beer for breakfast.

Lithuania has one of the worst road safety records in the European Union. Last year, 760 people died in traffic accidents in this country of 3.5 million residents. Most were alcohol-related.

I didn't think anyone could live with that much alcohol in the system.

Comment

KB could hang with that dude
      Questions, comments, complaints:
      [email protected]

Comment

Thst fucking crazy...this guy is awesome.
        NFL Kruise
        2-2*

*updated as of 9/9

Comment

Originally posted by jcindaville

Comment

It's the president's fault. He was so worried about the U.S. and what Bush is doing wrong that he was drinking away his sorrows.

Comment

Originally posted by kbsooner21
              It's the president's fault. He was so worried about the U.S. and what Bush is doing wrong that he was drinking away his sorrows.
              baaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh

will someone translate this for me into some american numbers? gracias
              Everybody dies, but not everyone lives.

Comment

Originally posted by kbsooner21
                I read a report that Savage was a passenger in the same car. They were drinking for days whining about Bush.

Comment

Obviously the guy is an alcoholic so he probably has built up is system for how much he can tolerate. What is the idiot going to do for a job now?

Comment

That can not be right. Most states in the US set the legal limit at 0.08 g%.

When I was in law enforcement, we had to immediately take those who registered 0.25 g% or higher to the hospital for treatment.

Usually at 0.40 g% you run a HIGH risk of death. That's why at 0.25 g% we took those to the hospital for safe measures.

No one could survive have 1.00 g% of alcohol in their blood, let alone 7.27 g%.

I believe the guy may have had 0.725 g% and was lucky to survive.
                    Last edited by Lsufan; 05-23-2006, 04:51 PM.
                    "Calling an illegal alien an 'undocumented immigrant'
                    is like calling a drug dealer an 'unlicensed pharmacist'"

Comment

Originally posted by Lsufan
                      That can not be right. Most states in the US set the legal limit at 0.08 g%.

When I was in law enforcement, we had to immediately take those who registered 0.25 g% or higher to the hospital for treatment.

Usually at 0.40 g% you run a HIGH risk of death. That's why at 0.25 g% we took those to the hospital for safe measures.

No one could survive have 1.00 g% of alcohol in their blood, let alone 7.27 g%.

I believe the guy may have had 0.725 g% and was lucky to survive.
                      It's a foreign country though and things are much different over there. Plus i'm sure they didn't give a shit. Probably all went out and had some beers later.

Comment

Originally posted by BettorsChat
                        It's a foreign country though and things are much different over there. Plus i'm sure they didn't give a shit. Probably all went out and had some beers later.
                        It doesn't matter what country you are from ... You run a HIGH risk of dying with a blood alcohol concentration of .40 g% or higher ... It's how the human body works.

What I was saying is there must be some typeografical errors in Frank's post. Lithuania's legal limit is probably 0.04 g%, not 0.40 g%, and the guy arrested probably had 0.0725 g%. not 7.25 g%.

Comment

Originally posted by jcindaville
                          HE COULD HAVE PASSED THE ROAD SIDE TEST WITH FLYING COLORS 2.....
                          MY MEAT IN THE HOT DESERT.......

Comment

Originally posted by Lsufan
                            It doesn't matter what country you are from ... You run a HIGH risk of dying with a blood alcohol concentration of .40 g% or higher ... It's how the human body works.

What I was saying is there must be some typeografical errors in Frank's post. Lithuania's legal limit is probably 0.04 g%, not 0.40 g%, and the guy arrested probably had 0.0725 g%. not 7.25 g%.
                            Fan, I agree. IMO the testing equipment must have malfunctioned.

Comment

Originally posted by CheechB03
                              Fan, I agree. IMO the testing equipment must have malfunctioned.
                              I believe that whoever typed/reported the article made errors in the report. Lots of times I heard people say they registered a 1.0, when they really meant .10 ... For some reason, the decimal point screws people up.

Comment

Working...
                              X