Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Report: Suspect Arrested in Holloway Case

Report: Suspect Arrested in Holloway Case

Dutch police have arrested a new suspect in last year's disappearance of Natalee Holloway in Aruba, the Netherlands' national broadcaster reported Sunday.

NOS said police in Utrecht had arrested the suspect, but it was unclear where and when. The new suspect was said to be of Aruban nationality and an acquaintance of Joran van der Sloot, another suspect in the case.

Holloway, of Mountain Brook, Ala., was 18 when she disappeared in May 2005 during a high school graduation trip to the Dutch Caribbean island with classmates. She was last seen leaving a bar with three young men on May 30.

Utrecht police spokeswoman Danielle Friedman said she could not confirm any arrests in the case.

"If there was an arrest, it was on the orders of the Aruban prosecutors and all information will be transmitted through them," she said.

Authorities have arrested eight people — including two last month — in connection with Holloway's disappearance but released them all for lack of evidence.

Van der Sloot is the last person known to have seen Holloway alive. He says he left her alone on a beach after the pair kissed.

Holloway's parents are attempting to sue Van der Sloot, 18, in a New York court. Their suit alleges he imprisoned and sexually assaulted Holloway and caused her disappearance.

Dutch marines, the Aruban Coast Guard, the FBI and hundreds of volunteers have searched the island and coastal areas of Aruba for Holloway.

At this point I'm skeptical of anyone Arubian authorities arrest. They need any scapegoat for economic reasons.

Comment

Originally posted by CheechB03
      At this point I'm skeptical of anyone Arubian authorities arrest. They need any scapegoat for economic reasons.
      Frank
      I totally agree...

I read that somewhere in the ballpark of 80-90% of their economy is based on tourism.

Fuck the island of Aruba....I would NEVER go there. There is no convincing me the government didn't try and sweep this one under the rug at first.
      Remember the three R's:
      Respect for self; Respect for others; and Responsibility for all your actions.

Comment

As a parent, i cant imagine what her parents are going thru. The not knowing would kill me
        Questions, comments, complaints:
        [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by jcindaville
          As a parent, i cant imagine what her parents are going thru. The not knowing would kill me
          I agree with you Jc. It would kill me because Im a parent also. I live in Birmingham, AL and after 1 year this case is still a hot topic. I hope they solve this case and give convincing answers.

Comment

IMO Joran van der Sloot had something to do with it. If he didn't why all the BS stories to the police and why was his father doing shit he shouldn't have been doing that got him in trouble.

They need to take those kids in a room and give them some tough love.

Comment

Originally posted by BettorsChat
              IMO Joran van der Sloot had something to do with it. If he didn't why all the BS stories to the police and why was his father doing shit he shouldn't have been doing that got him in trouble.

They need to take those kids in a room and give them some tough love.

A little beating on these kids would generate the truth.
              Questions, comments, complaints:
              [email protected]

Comment

Working...
              X