98 cents a gallon for gas.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 98 cents a gallon for gas.....

I saw this on NBC nightly news last night. AMAZING.....wish i was in on this..

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12615091/
    It's always noon somewhere!

My Fish and Aquariums

Griffey's Posted Record

Fifty cents a gallon

Im setting up a filtering system to run my truck on used vege oil. No modifications to the engine whatsoever.
    Used vege oil is free, and my additives will make it about fifty cents a gallon. You just need a diesel to do it. No, it is not bio diesal, either.It is even better for your engine as it lubricates better than petroleum.
    Keep in mind, that the diesel engine is supposed to run on vege oil, not petroleum. Don't believe me... look it up yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by swghost
      Im setting up a filtering system to run my truck on used vege oil. No modifications to the engine whatsoever.
      Used vege oil is free, and my additives will make it about fifty cents a gallon. You just need a diesel to do it. No, it is not bio diesal, either.It is even better for your engine as it lubricates better than petroleum.
      Keep in mind, that the diesel engine is supposed to run on vege oil, not petroleum. Don't believe me... look it up yourself.
      U MUST BE A COUSIN OF KB SOONER........
      MY MEAT IN THE HOT DESERT.......

Comment

Originally posted by bover1
        He's married to my sister. But they are getting a divorce, as she caught him with another sheep.

Comment

He's married to my sister. But they are getting a divorce, as she caught him with another sheep.
          BWHAHAHAHAHHAHAA THATS HIM ALRIGHT......

Comment

That's awesome swghost..... I like that, you're doing something about the problem. A lot of people sit and bitch day in and day out and do nothing about it. Gas is too high, we pay too much for gas, and yet SUV sales are at an alltime HIGH. Disgusting! There are MANY WAYS to run a car, vegetable oil is one of them (the conversion kit can be bought online for about $1,800; ONE THING, he's correct diesel engine is needed).

~~~ Tigger

Comment

I heard alot of people are doing this. I would do this to my car but like most, I own a unleaded car so I dont think it will work. But I am interested in how this thing works. Can you post somethign on this?
              NFL Kruise
              2-2*

*updated as of 9/9

Comment

Originally posted by tkim11
                I heard alot of people are doing this. I would do this to my car but like most, I own a unleaded car so I dont think it will work. But I am interested in how this thing works. Can you post somethign on this?
                tkim - just do a search at google.com for "vegetable oil fueling cars" and you'll get all the information you want.

~~~ Tigger

Comment

Originally posted by Tigger
                  That's awesome swghost..... I like that, you're doing something about the problem. A lot of people sit and bitch day in and day out and do nothing about it. Gas is too high, we pay too much for gas, and yet SUV sales are at an alltime HIGH. Disgusting! There are MANY WAYS to run a car, vegetable oil is one of them (the conversion kit can be bought online for about $1,800; ONE THING, he's correct diesel engine is needed).

~~~ Tigger
                  Hello Tigger,

Actually, a conversion kit is not necessary. Although you can get one, and believe me it is a pain in the ass to set up, the way that I'm doing it will cost me approximately no more than $200 in supplies. You are thinking of a "bio diesel" conversion kit. Bio diesel is a mixture of lye and the few other chemicals that I won't even be dealing with. I will be using filtered used vegetable oil, kerosene, and regular unleaded gas. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post a web site where you can find out more information on the way that I plan to do it, but if I am I can give the link.
                  Take care
                  Chad

Comment

Originally posted by bover1
                    BUMP 4 MY BITCH BOY//////

Comment

Hello Tigger,

Actually, a conversion kit is not necessary. Although you can get one, and believe me it is a pain in the ass to set up, the way that I'm doing it will cost me approximately no more than $200 in supplies. You are thinking of a "bio diesel" conversion kit. Bio diesel is a mixture of lye and the few other chemicals that I won't even be dealing with. I will be using filtered used vegetable oil, kerosene, and regular unleaded gas. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post a web site where you can find out more information on the way that I plan to do it, but if I am I can give the link.
                      Take care
                      Chad
                      What are the ratios of vegetable oil to kerosene to gasoline being used? Also, do you know if it has an affect of the milage per gallon of the vehicle? I haven't heard any statistics on this yet. Probably about the same, although 0-60 times will have a drop off as a car is not going to get the pickup power as it would with straight gas.

~~~ Tigger

Comment

Mileage is supposed to be about the same. Gas is 5%, and kerosine is 10% or more for colder wether. There is also some kind of additive at about 2 ounces for stability...but I don't know what is in it, you just buy it on internet.

Comment

Working...
                        X