things that have annoyed me on forums

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• things that have annoyed me on forums

i have been on many many betting, gambling forums over the years... so this forum should not take any offense.. just wondering if anyone else out there feels the same way..

1. it seems like at least 70% of the ppl betting on games are supposedly making money..bragging about this win or that win. just dont see it.. no one makes out betting on sports weekly when its all said and done

2. my biggest gripe, ppl and their phony online persona's.. seems like everyone is the TOUGH GUY, the story is the toughest mo' fo' in the world and no one should and would mess with them.. never loses a fight, challenges anyone for this that and brags about it online.. which gets so annoying.. not really believable anyway..

3. every one is an EX athlete, played this or that, at this or that school.. probably 90% of the ppl on here didnt really contribute to their sports teams in the way they describe..

anyway, its been yrs of readin most of the same BS on many diff. forums to make me post this.. anyone agree or disagree???
    thanks guys.

i do not know about other forums, but i think we all admit that most of us lose...sometimes more than we would like...the cappers post their records and plays so they are easy to follow....plenty of griping here so it is not all wins

i do not think anyone plays the tough guy card here....why would they...we are all keyboard jockeys....is someone going to really kick someones ass??? i think people here are blatantly honest....telling their bad as well as good.....

many people talk of sports in their early days, but not often....i know cheese was a good softball player, weiner was a good baseball player....I am sure there are more, but most of us were probably hacks in some sport or another....i played Div IAA football and was okay....but nothing special.....

so that is my take, but i have nothing to compare it to....

Comment

Thanks tony..
      just ran into a lot of this lately. maybe that has me going.. oh well...

Comment

Mmw151

Originally posted by mmw151
        Thanks tony..
        just ran into a lot of this lately. maybe that has me going.. oh well...
        CHUNG HERE-i know i am probably not your fan favorite.my big exciting job-i'm a farmer//my big sporting career-i wrestled at 126 in high school-weigh 240 now// i still like to wrestle when i'm having a few drinks with the guys but i am not undefeated and you will not see me in the octagon next week // i think you are taking this way to seriously-most of us are good friends who come on here to cut-up a little and try to pick winners"i.e.-betting sports is our hobby" where other guys might play golf or bowl // i personally think its the natural tendicies of guys to want to compete and be macho but remember mmw its just a chat forum-don't take it so seriously my man-lighten up and enjoy the bc crew-95 percent of the guys here are A1 and i truly believe they would watch your back in a time of need-just rambling buddy-good luck on your gambling!!
        DON'T YOU EAT THE YELLOW SNOW !! PS-MARVIN LOVES SPLIT SALAD !!

Comment

mmw- I came to a point of seeing much of what you said in my 1st year of gambling (Fall of 2004- 2005). I realized thru the fades success last year that the phonies were everywhere. I am now capping - as I would rather lose my money on what I see instead of some young punk out of Bainbridge decide for me. I hook up on hot cappers as we all do but get squashed becuz the goodie is gone. Seems when it gets to their head they are something special - the floor drops out on them and me.
          I was athletic minded but my claim to fame is working with the athletes for two Olympics. It taught me about the sperit within to make a winner- such is why I am Spearit.
          "The range of what we think and do is limited by what we fail to notice.

Comment

Originally posted by waynechung
            CHUNG HERE-i know i am probably not your fan favorite.my big exciting job-i'm a farmer//my big sporting career-i wrestled at 126 in high school-weigh 240 now// i still like to wrestle when i'm having a few drinks with the guys but i am not undefeated and you will not see me in the octagon next week // i think you are taking this way to seriously-most of us are good friends who come on here to cut-up a little and try to pick winners"i.e.-betting sports is our hobby" where other guys might play golf or bowl // i personally think its the natural tendicies of guys to want to compete and be macho but remember mmw its just a chat forum-don't take it so seriously my man-lighten up and enjoy the bc crew-95 percent of the guys here are A1 and i truly believe they would watch your back in a time of need-just rambling buddy-good luck on your gambling!!
            ************************************************** ***********************

DAMN Chung ...I didn't know you could TYPE in plain English !

Well after Goose time too....I am impressed

Comment

Well, as far as your number 1 goes, most people on here keep records that can easily be checked to see if they're correct.......so if they're saying they're at 70% and you don't believe them, you can look it up.

the other 2, i agree with you somewhat. not all people are like that, but you'll have that anywhere you go.

Comment

also mmw151

yes the story in my post was true.the point i was trying to get across is that most young punks are packing heat now.when i was going to school if you carried a gun or a knive you were a wimp.we use to settle things with a fight and afterwards would go drink a beer together.now i did not tell you another story when 4 teenagers pointed an assault rifle at me because i jumped out of my car after they shot me a bird.luckily i was driving a 32 valve lincoln mark 4-i threw that motherfucker in the wind and did not stick around to see if the bullets were flying.my whole point is just a whole generation that has no regard for human life.i think it shoule be savored and never taken for granted..SINCERELY WAYNECHUNG!!
                DON'T YOU EAT THE YELLOW SNOW !! PS-MARVIN LOVES SPLIT SALAD !!

Comment

thanks for the reply wayne.
                  sprearit, i really enjoy following your plays.. i actually started to follow you last yr during baseball. are you going to be rating your baseball games the same as last yr? all the way up to a 10*?

Comment

Working...
                  X