Florida Keys trip....HELP!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Florida Keys trip....HELP!!!

Back in December, at the company Christmas party, I won 2 round trip tickets anywhere in the US. With the wife being pregnant, we decided to go somewhere not too remote or far from home.....

April 7th through the 10th, I'll be staying at the Ocean Point Suites in Tavernier, FL (MM92.5) and I'm looking for anybody's input what to do/where to eat while we're down there. We're not looking for the craziest bars because my wife really isn't looking to drag my drunk ass around all weekend.

We love anything related to the water (I'm a fishing addict and will be taking my surf rod with me) and good seafood never hurt anybody either.

Any suggestions from someone who's stayed down that way or any of the S. Florida locals would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks as always....and here's to getting lucky on vacation!!!
    Peter Griffin: Holy crip, he's a crapple.

Islemarada is a great place to hang out.... World's largest tiki bar. Are you planning on going all the way down to key west??

Comment

Originally posted by The Lovedoc
      Islemarada is a great place to hang out.... World's largest tiki bar. Are you planning on going all the way down to key west??

Probably not...this is really just a relaxing vacation without too much traveling...probably Islamarada and Marathon

Comment

Ok... Dimer, his wife and I also went to islemarada for a few hours before we hit key west... That will be a great place to hang out... You can rent jetski's, waverunners and the scenery is breathtaking there.

Comment

You definitely need to get to the most southern point to see the sun set.
          The water temperature may still be a bit chilly to snorkel in but that can be pretty cool for you. Also there's some shallow water shipwrecks near where you are staying. The depths range from about 14 to 18 feet. You can probably get info or tours to the sites through The Visitor information places. (If you are renting a boat I can get you the GPS coordinates to get to a few).

And of course go to Duval Street......
          Remember the three R's:
          Respect for self; Respect for others; and Responsibility for all your actions.

Comment

Thought I'd give the morning crew a chance to contribute!!

Comment

Thanx Dawg for inviting all of us down. Islemarada is my fun place- do some dolphin fishing- Caught a 54 pound one there. Wasn't in the tournament that day but I would have won 10 grand if I knew about it.
              "The range of what we think and do is limited by what we fail to notice.

Comment

Originally posted by Spearit
                Thanx Dawg for inviting all of us down. Islemarada is my fun place- do some dolphin fishing- Caught a 54 pound one there. Wasn't in the tournament that day but I would have won 10 grand if I knew about it.

We do all of our dolphin fishing up in the Gulf. We come out of the Apalachicola area on my father in law's 33 ft Boson Whaler. I can't lie...I married for the boat access . I'm hoping I might get the chance to do some bone fishing while I'm down there in the flats.

Comment

Working...
                X