On a serious note....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On a serious note....

Need to share a bit, and maybe it'll make this Christmas and in the future a bit better for some.

I didn't have the greatest life growing up. My mom struggled very much but she tried her best. My dad divorced her when I was five and I rarely saw him. I grew up very independent, almost taking care of my mom since I was 13.

I moved from Chicago to South Carolina about 9 years ago to be with my aunt and uncle and cousins here. My uncle was very supportive of me and I loved him dearly. He was my dads brother and felt horrible that my dad treated me the way he did. So he tried to make up for it.

3 years ago my father passed away. He decided living here was not what he wanted. I never got a chance to say good-bye. It was very hard for a long time...even though hadn't seen him or talked to him in years. I didn't want to go thru that again.

Well I didn't make some good choices after that....made a few mistakes and my Uncle was not happy with me. Being the stubborn men we are....we just left it at that and waited for the other to come back and apologize. and or just forgive.

My uncle passed away a week ago, and I found out yesterday. I didn't get a chance to say goodbye......again.

I went and saw his grave yesterday, on my birthday. I didn't know what to do or say....I asked for a sign to see if I was in the right place and a gust of wind blew my hat off...lol.

I don't consider it too late, because we made peace, but its not the same. He didn't get to see me get married, nor will he have a chance to see his neice in person but I know he and my dad will be watching over making sure I take care of her and Dawn.

Long story short guys...and I don't mean to be somber here....it's Christmas. If you haven't talked to a loved one in a while, give them a call. Life is so short. 2 of the men that I loved more then anything are gone and I didn't get to say anything to them because of our stubborn prides. DOn't let that happen to you.

I am more then blessed to be in this BC family. I have said it was a family very early on, and believe me it feels like it every single day. From Monte to Wayne, Spark, and the cast of characters here....thank you for making this place my second home.

I love you all, and wish you all the happiness in the world today, and into 2006.

Sincerely,
    John

Sorry about your unfortunate losses John. We all have our stories like this one and it makes you appreciate how fortunate we all are, especially on a day like this.

Merry Christmas my friend!

Comment

that's the whole point Mike....and I'm glad you saw it.

I'm celebrating today, not in sorrow.

Have a great day buddy.

Comment

SORRY TO HEAR THAT.I WENT THROUGH SOMETHING VERY SIMILAR LAST WEEK.MY SON STARTED CHOKING ON A PIECE OF CANDY AND HE ALMOST DID NOT MAKE IT.mAKES CHRISTMAS MORE SPECIAL. THANKS FOR THE REMINDER MERRY CHRISTMAS
        JERRY
        MLB 2012***100-98 +$215 OR +2.15 UNITS
        HUGE PLAYS 2-1

NFL 2011-2012** 6-10
        0-0TOP PLAYS

NCAA FBL 2011-2012**** 26-23

4-1 TOP PLAYS

GOY 33-12 ALL SPORTS

AS of 6/3/12

Comment

Very touching story John. Thanks for sharing.

Have a Merry Christmas my friend.

PS. Happy belated birthday too.
          "Calling an illegal alien an 'undocumented immigrant'
          is like calling a drug dealer an 'unlicensed pharmacist'"

Comment

We live and learn a long the way Tat2..... take care of that family

~~~ Tigger

And BTW, Happy Christmas and Merry Birthday as well.

Comment

John, thank you for sharing that with us, it's not easy to expose stories like that. I could share some similar tough life experiences and may at a later time. Through it all you have learned a great deal from these situations and that shows maturity. God bless you and your family on this wonderful day, and have a happy belated birthday.
              Questions, comments, complaints:
              [email protected]

Comment

Merry Christmas John

Comment

Merry Christmas my brother, it's nice to know you can count on the great group of people here to share your feelings.
                  Great Day To Win

MLB 2008 (19-23-1) +3.0 units

NBA 08-09 (10-7) + 1.59 units

GOY (4-1)

Comment

A very touching story John......I'm glad to be your Big Buddy...

Comment

Working...
                    X