Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Orange Out" in Detroit on Sunday

Orange-Out Announced for Detroit Lions Game

Detroit, mi, December 9, 2005: The Lions Fanatics (www.thelionsfanatics.com) have officially announced an “Orange-Out” as a means of protest of the Detroit Lions December 18, 2005 football game against the Cincinnati Bengals. This protest is in direct response to the refusal of Team Owner and Chairman William Clay Ford to fire Team President and CEO Matt Millen. The Detroit Lions under President and CEO Matt Millen have failed to live up to the standards of a professional football team and have the worst record of any team in the National Football League since his hire on January 9, 2001.

As a means of protest, The Lions Fanatics are asking fans to wear the color orange to the December 18, 2005 Detroit Lions’ home game. Wearing the color orange serves two purposes.

First, the color is highly distinct and will not be confused with the Detroit Lions’ team color in an effort to maximize visibility. Second, the color orange is one of the team colors of the Detroit Lions’ December 18th opponent, the Cincinnati Bengals.

This is a passive, non-disruptive method for the fans of the Detroit Lions to show Team Owner and Chairman William Clay Ford their disgust with his inaction. It is the belief of The Lions Fanatics that this method of protest does not violate the rules of Ford Field as would “Fire Millen” t-shirts and/or signs. This action is directed at the management of the team and not the players on the field which The Lions Fanatics will continue to support.

The Lions Fanatics is an organization created and maintained by the fans of the Detroit Lions. The site acts as a central forum for all fans, regardless of age or gender, to voice their opinions and discuss various topics related to Detroit Lions football. For more information on the “Orange Out,” please contact The Lions Fanatics at [email protected] or visit The Lions Fanatics website at www.thelionsfanatics.com

-End-

They are doing all they can to prevent this. If they Bengals score early - it will get nasty down there and will in effect be a road game for the lions.

The over/under is 5 arrests.

Comment

Vito,

What is your take on this though?

Are you a Millen supporter? A Mooch supporter?

I'm curious since this is close to you.

Comment

The universal opinion here is that Millen must go. However, I am not so sure he is that awful. If you look at his draft picks over the past 4 years, the players were on everyone's top lists: Harrington, Charles Rogers, Roy Williams and Mike Williams. Harrington has been put in a system that does not suit him and the receivers are all young and inexperienced. R Williams looks to be great. Rogers is a bust and will be gone after this year.

I think Mariucci was the wrong coach at the wrong time. HE is a "players Coach" and for all of the young talent, I think they needed a more hardnosed coach who would develop them. So while I am not sure Mooch is a bad coach, I am sure he was not the right fit here now....

The defense is much improved adn I think alot of that is Millens doing. My personal opinion is Millen is doing an OK job but is suffering 48 years of Fan frustration. I am going to the game tomorrow - it should be entertaining if the lions get blown out which is likely.

Comment

Millen sucks plain and simple. We've been through coaches and players and he's the one thing that hasn't changed (along with our losing).

Vito I will be there tomorrow too. Get in touch w/me and let me know where you'll be. Number is in the LC directory.
          GOOD LUCK ALL !!!!!!!!!!!!!
          If you lose you are a degenerate....If you win you are a handicapper

Comment

so, how did the "orange out" turn out?????

Comment

Originally posted by RJeremy
              so, how did the "orange out" turn out?????

You tell me. The lions didn't even show up.

I think the Orange won
              1 of 1 Morons

Comment

bwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwahahahahahahahahahaha

Millen looked awfully pleased up there in his suite.

Comment

Originally posted by TheRook
                  bwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwahahahahahahahahahaha

Millen looked awfully pleased up there in his suite.
                  Fuck Millen that guy sucks and has fucked up the whole team. God I can't believe every game is on TV for us poor people to watch.
                  1 of 1 Morons

Comment

hahahahaha u mean there are rich people in detroit
                    i loved the shirt i seen on a guy rebuilding since 1957
                    rjeremy for my accounts manager/i love how he keeps numbers

Comment

Originally posted by jmarty6969
                      hahahahaha u mean there are rich people in detroit
                      i loved the shirt i seen on a guy rebuilding since 1957

And for the next 5o plus years also
                      1 of 1 Morons

Comment