X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Former Jets star Joe Klecko accidentally kills man with car

Former Jets star Joe Klecko accidentally kills man with car

September 13, 2005
    NEW YORK (AP) -- Former New York Jets player Joe Klecko accidentally hit and killed a man while driving on the Major Deegan Expressway in the Bronx, police said Tuesday.

The 51-year-old Klecko was heading south at about 8:30 a.m. Monday in a 2005 Chevy Suburban when he struck the man, who was pushing a grocery cart, police said.

Ray Peterson, 65, was pronounced dead at the scene. No charges were filed.

Klecko was a defensive end for the Jets from 1977-87 and finished his career with the Indianapolis Colts in 1988. He was a member of the heralded New York Sack Exchange, the Jets' dominant defensive front that included Mark Gastineau and Marty Lyons.

That's horrible. What the hell was a guy pushing a card on the Deegan????

Comment

Originally posted by frankb03
      That's horrible. What the hell was a guy pushing a card on the Deegan????

Frank... from going to nyc alot you see some crazy shit.... When i went down there with Bry and other friends... We saw a lady get hit by a car, then got up and walked into the bar across the street. Then later that night a person jumps in front of our subway train and kills himself.. It's normal in the city to see stuff like that

Comment

Originally posted by The Lovedoc
        Frank... from going to nyc alot you see some crazy shit.... When i went down there with Bry and other friends... We saw a lady get hit by a car, then got up and walked into the bar across the street. Then later that night a person jumps in front of our subway train and kills himself.. It's normal in the city to see stuff like that
        I know. I worked in NYC for 8 years before I moved to Florida. That being said NYC is the greatest city in the world with the best food.

Comment

Originally posted by frankb03
          I know. I worked in NYC for 8 years before I moved to Florida. That being said NYC is the greatest city in the world with the best food.

very true!!!

ever been to Atomic Wings????

Or Cornett's Pizza and got a godfather??

Comment

I had a kid run in front of me from between to parked cars and came within inches of hitting him. I hit a cat once. Both instances took me a while to get over. I can't imagine what it would feel like to kill someone; it must be devasting.
            "I'm not as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was!"

Comment

i hit a bird last week, i felt pretty bad

Comment

Originally posted by RJeremy
                i hit a bird last week, i felt pretty bad
                A freaken big ass crow or some big ass bird was in the middle of the road the other day eating a dead animal. The fucking thing sat there. It never moved. When my vehicle stopped it slowly hopped away.

Comment

Working...
                X