Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bhs4life
    GUYS @ 19 LIFE THROWS YOU MANY PATHS
    THIS ONE SUCKS I'VE BEEN HERE FOR 10 MONTHS. AND NOW MY DAD IS OPENING A CAR LOT. I WILL BE MAKING MORE MONEY WITH MY DAD HOWEVER CAR LOTS ARE HIT AND MISS SO MAYBE NOT THAT MUCH MORE. WHAT TO DO?
    cOMMENTS PLEASE,..........
    What's your current job?

Comment

BHS....just be aware that working with friends and family can be different........take that into consideration as well.....i say do what appeals to you.......you have many years ahead my friend....like RJ says he has had 3 careers and he is still young.....i went from usmc to self-employed biz failure for 4 yrs, to successful biz for 10, 2 more biz sales, pharma sales, restaraunt investor, and now 2 start-ups....my point being is that chances are it will not be the end-all be-all for you......but first and foremost listen to your heart...not what anybody wants you to do

Comment

Originally posted by TwoTonTony
        BHS....first and foremost listen to your heart...
        I agree completely!
        DC loves you BC guys!

Comment

Go with your gut feeling. Like most said your young enough to still change jobs until you find one your comfortable with and have a long prosperous career. I went from electrical construction for 31 years and now I work in a local plant managing the maintenance department. No more working outside in the heat and cold and working in a nice cool or warm office. Doesn't hurt to play the field till you find what makes you happy. Go for it :bestwishe :bestwishe
          #2 of 1 Morons

Comment

Originally posted by DCCougar
            BTW- This is Big ? #2... what was the 1st Big question? Did I miss it?
            THANKS ALL

SEE "MARRIED LADY QUESTION?"
            2007 BCS and 2009 BCS CHAMPS
            2006 & 2007 NCAA MENS BASKETBALL CHAMPS
            2008 & 2010 RAYS BASEBALL AMERICAN LEAGUE CHAMPS

Comment

Originally posted by BettorsChat
              What's your current job?
              I RUN AN EBAY STORE called ISOLDIT

[URL]www.i-soldit.com[URL]

I ALSO DO SOME MORTGAGES ON THE SIDE

Comment

I RUN AN EBAY STORE called ISOLDIT

[URL]www.i-soldit.com[URL]

I ALSO DO SOME MORTGAGES ON THE SIDE
                Did you franchise that store or manage the store?

And on the Mortgages do you do those out of your house?

And is your fathers car lot going to be big or start of small?

Comment

Originally posted by BettorsChat
                  Did you franchise that store or manage the store? MANAGED the store

And on the Mortgages do you do those out of your house?
                  OUT OF A SMALL OFFICE (FRIENDS)

And is your fathers car lot going to be big or start of small? 40 CARS AND TRUCKS

Comment

Simple, if you want to try your hand at selling cars do it some in your spare time.

I would suggest the mortgage business though as the best end resolution of what you're doing now and looking at.

If your father turns the car lot into a big money maker you can always switch careers

Comment

at your age you cant make a wrong decision, what ever you do give it all you got! I run a new car dealership and I would say 1 out of 5 car salesman make a good living at it. Making it on 30% commission each month is hard. You have more bad months than good. If you can get a good salary plus commission makes it alot easier.

I have been bowling for the first time in a couple off years tonight and had a dozen beers so I might rethink this and give you another answer later.

Comment

by the way, I really need boston to win tonight!

Comment

Are you making any money with the Ebay store?

If so, I would do that and help out your Dad when he needs you too. Looks like you have some flexibility in your curent job.

I own my own business and therefore would advise anyone to be their own boss. But, you know it is tought and can be lonely, since most of your friends are working while you are by yourself.

Good Luck BH

Comment

Working...
                          X