More Questions Regarding DirecTV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More Questions Regarding DirecTV

Here are a couple more for you guys. Remember I am placing all 4 receivers in the SAME room so I can watch 4 different games with my buddies during football season.

1. Do I need to have 4 separate wall jacks for cables to be run to each receiver from the satellite dish? Or can I have 1 cable come into the main receiver and the 3 extra receivers get their signal mirrored?

2. If I order the "sports pack", which includes FSN Arizona, FSN Ohio, FSN Pittsburgh, FSN New England, Yes Network, NESN, etc, will I get the baseball games on those networks from all around the country? Or do they get blacked out so you can't get them unless you order the baseball PPV package?

I'm sure I'll have more. Thanks for your responses so far.
    Please don't question my record or I will leave!!!!

No, you don't need 4 wall jacks. As you can get splitters at Radio Shack etc. I know that they have 3 prong splitters that would work for 3 tv's, but i'm not sure about 4. I do know that I was told the more you split the signal though on Directv the picture quality goes down.

Can't help you on the other. Just go to Radio Shack and check out cable splitters.

Comment

Yes,
      That is what I did, split the signal to the various rooms with a splitter.

Comment

Thanks for the responses guys.

What I don't understand is if they are selling 4 different receivers now, why do I have to split the signal? Why not have each receiver get a good cable and be done with it? I might actually do that and just run the cables from the dish to each receiver in my downstairs room thru the drop ceiling.

Thanks again, you guys have been very helpful.

Comment

You will have problems getting some of the stations by splitting. As far as picture quality goes it's either all or nothing. Its not like an antenna. It's either a crystal clear picture or either drop outs or nothing at all depending on the strenth of the signal you're getting from the satellite. You're much better off going direct line into each box especially on the football pkg stations. No you will not get the baseball games on those stations unless you have the baseball pkg, same with all sports, although you will get a good number of college football games on some of those.

Comment

Thanks U-Dog

Comment

Cash,
              You should run the splitter to those TVs, as that is what I did for my upstairs and downstairs.

As far as the Sports package, if you want the games, you shoud buy the package. If you don't buy the [ackage, you may get a few of those games but not the majority.

Good luck and what time is the party on Opening Day in the NFL?
              Am I the longest tenured BC member?

Comment

Working...
              X