Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need Help With Decision Regarding DirecTV & Sunday Ticket...HELP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help With Decision Regarding DirecTV & Sunday Ticket...HELP!

OK fellas, clue me in on this one. I am considering getting DirecTV for 6 months out of the year, just so I can order the NFL Sunday Ticket package. Here are a few questions I need answered.

1. How good is your reception? Does it go out often and give you guys problems during Sunday broadcasts?

2. I've heard horror stories about guys wanting to watch their favorite teams (from another market, so no blackout rules apply) and for some reason not getting that game? Any stories you can share?

3. Does anybody else do this? I mean does anybody else refuse to give up their cable so they shell out an extra $50 to $100 a month for the football season just so they can get this Sunday Ticket?

4. The website says I need to use a land based phone line. What the fuck for? Why? What does a phone line have to do with DirecTV???

I am sure I'll come up with a few more questions, but if you guys could give some help, I would greatly appreciate it.
    Please don't question my record or I will leave!!!!

Question #1
    Reception is second to none and I have it for about 5 years and NEVER had a problem regarding blackouts or any other problems.

Question #2

You get every game every sunday without fail. I don't know who's telling you different but I know many many people and we get every game every sunday.

You don't have to give up your cable(I don't understand why you still have it) If they give you any grief about having to purchase more then just the Sunday ticket just ask to speak to a Supervisor that should take care of it.

Question #3

The Phone line has to be connected when they set you up. They can monitor what you watch and tell if your using an illegal card. In other words they can spy on you. They won't set you up without it.. But when your good to go just unplug it. So you don't have to get a new phone jack behind T.V or anything like. just get a phone line plug it into the t.v and the jack and when your good to go just unplug. If you want to order a mover or anything else from them just plug it back in and when your finished unplug it. I have been doing that for years. They don't know and they don't care but when you first set-up you have to do it.

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by paulsam1; 07-13-2005, 06:16 PM.

Comment

I've had directv sunday tix almost since its inception. Nothing better. Blackout rules do apply, but being from Patriots country we don't have to worry about that. Reception is perfect. With satellite, just like digital cable the picture is either perfect or none at all. You do have to have a clear area to the sw sky. Obstructions like leaves and tall buildings may affect whether you can get directv at all. I believe you can subscribe for just the Sunday ticket pkg and not have to get the other pkg. I've done that and know others that have as well. The only time you'll have a reception problem is during a very heavy snowstorm or torrential rain, otherwise it's more reliable than cable. You also get stations where scores are updated instantly and lets you know when a team is in the redzone so you can switch to that channel. THere are supposed to be new additions this year.

Comment

Thanks very much paulsam for the info. It's funny because I've been saving money by not having a land based phone line (my cell plan is more than enough), so now I have to factor that cost into the equation. Thanks very much for the answers bro. Oh and I merely wish to keep my cable because their service is better than anybody else's and I have heard way too many problems with trying to get a dish worked on. But it's good to hear some good things from guys like you.

Thanks to you too, underdog. I am not worried about home blackout rules (Browns sell out every game and I hate them anyway LOL), I just had heard horror stories of another game not being shown and no explanation given, even though it was an out of market game, with no blackout rules applying.

Anybody else?

Comment

I never thought about people who only use cell phones. I wonder if you can still use the jacks in the house without the phone company making you take a plan. You would think the jacks are ready to go and for what you want to use it for there would be no charge..

Comment

Guess I'll find out the hard way LOL

Thanks again

Comment

Working...
            X