Once In A Limetime Chance, Don't Miss It

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Once In A Limetime Chance, Don't Miss It

I'm not a huge fan of space, but I have a deep appreciation of things that don't happen often, and won't happen again. A buddy sent me this and thought some of you would be interested in seeing it as well. It should make for quite a sight if you're in to these sort of things. ONCE IN A LIMETIME CHANCE

Identity has been disclosed for obvious reasons, LOL!!!

Eileen M. Hurley
    Marlin Energy, L.L.C.
    **** Ambassador Caffery, Suite ***
    ********, ** *****

The Red Planet is about to be spectacular! This month and next, Earth is catching up with Mars in an encounter that will culminate in the closest approach between the two planets in recorded history. The next time Mars may come this close is in 2287. Due to the way Jupiter's gravity tugs on Mars and perturbs its orbit, astronomers can only be certain that Mars has not come this close to Earth in the Last 5,000 years, but it may be as long as 60,000 years before it happens again.

The encounter will culminate on August 27th when Mars comes to within 34,649,589 miles of Earth and will be (next to the moon) the brightest object in the night sky. It will attain a magnitude of -2.9 and will appear 25.11 arc seconds wide. At a modest 75-power magnification

By August 27, Mars will look as large as the full moon to the naked eye. Mars will be easy to spot. At the beginning of August it will rise in the east at 10p.m. and reach its azimuth at about 3 a.m.

By the end of August when the two planets are closest, Mars will rise at nightfall and reach its highest point in the sky at 12:30a.m. That's pretty convenient to see something that no human being has seen in recorded history. So, mark your calendar at the beginning of August to see Mars grow progressively brighter and brighter throughout the month. Share this with your children and grandchildren. NO ONE ALIVE TODAY WILL EVER SEE THIS AGAIN

~~~ Tigger

BTW, she is located in Louisiana. I believe, all times and viewpoints are calculated from here in Louisiana. Make the proper adjustments in time (shouldn't be that much, when you're dealing with millions of miles away, the angles won't change that dramatically) when viewing for the planet. I am not an astronomer, but I do know a little something about math, geometry, calculus, and angles, LOL.

~~~ Tigger

Comment

Very Interesting info-Tigger
      "The range of what we think and do is limited by what we fail to notice.

Comment

Spark saw it the 1st time and named it Red Yoyo but was over ruled by his buddy Ares

Comment

Originally posted by moondog22
          Spark saw it the 1st time and named it Red Yoyo but was over ruled by his buddy Ares
          LMFAO, moondog comes out with a Spark crack!!!

~~~ Tigger

PS. I thought that he was planning on seeing it to name it, but Isis distracted him that night, and Ares took full advantage of naming it her way.
          Last edited by Tigger; 06-11-2005, 02:51 PM.

Comment

Oh yeah, real funny you two .. are you taking over for Bryan the fagdimeBoy??? hahaha

Comment

Originally posted by moondog22
              Moondog is stepping up his game!!!

Thanks for the info Tigger.
              "Calling an illegal alien an 'undocumented immigrant'
              is like calling a drug dealer an 'unlicensed pharmacist'"

Comment

Just remember, I can change anyone's avatar ... hahahaha
                Last edited by Spark; 06-11-2005, 03:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SPARK
                  Just remember, I can change anyone's avatar ... hahahaha
                  Threats, Threats, Threats

Comment

Originally posted by Lsufan
                    Threats, Threats, Threats
                    Dont anger him LSU remember 10Dime

Comment

Hey, have you guys seen fagdime's today??

Comment

I haven't

Comment

Originally posted by SPARK
                          Hey, have you guys seen fagdime's today??
                          Yeah, he told me he just left your house. He said you waxed his pole for him.

Comment

OH OH OH

Comment

I mean his avatar you knucklehead ...

Comment

Working...
                              X