Wayne - Monday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rented mule
    Mike...the one thing I don't need is chicks. I live with 3 of them (one big one and two little ones). Feel sorry for me for that, not the surgery. Thanks anyway.

Wayne.....it's knee surgery. I tore the meniscus pretty badly and they'll be taking pieces of the bone in my knee to replace where the caritlage is torn away. Fun stuff. I'll be on crutches for 3 weeks, which isn't all bad because I can work from home for 3 weeks, which means a little work and a LOT of online poker.

Thanks for the well wishes guys.

My wife is getting sick of my sports related surgeries. I hope she remembers to pick me up from the hospital.
    I had the same surgery this winter. From Hockey. The Surgery isn't bad at all. Take my word for it.

Just make sure you do all the rehab

And GL bud :D
    1 of 1 Morons

Comment

Originally posted by Homer
      I had the same surgery this winter. From Hockey. The Surgery isn't bad at all. Take my word for it.

Just make sure you do all the rehab

And GL bud :D
      Homer Thanks for the insight dude. How long was it until you were back 100%. If my team makes it, baseball playoffs would start in about 8 weeks. I was hoping to be ready by then.
      Every
      Villain
      Is
      Lemons

Comment

Homer Thanks for the insight dude. How long was it until you were back 100%. If my team makes it, baseball playoffs would start in about 8 weeks. I was hoping to be ready by then.
        I was walking again 1 week after Surgery. They didn't need to move the bone to replace it.

But I was back playing hockey 4 1/2 weeks after Surgery. So my guess is you should be back in action before or right around playoffs.

Meniscus tears are way better the ACL. A guy on my team tore his ACL a month before my tear and is still out.

The key is when you start playing again, it takes a while to trust it again. I also used and hinged brace for the first two months back. But now my knee is back to the way it was before the surgery.

GL on the Surgery and rehab, keep me posted how it is going. Also if you have any questions just let me know.
        1 of 1 Morons

Comment

Hey Mule,

Hope the surgery goes well. Like Homer said, you'll be just fine!!! I've never had it, but know people that have.

Comment

Originally posted by Homer
            I was walking again 1 week after Surgery. They didn't need to move the bone to replace it.

But I was back playing hockey 4 1/2 weeks after Surgery. So my guess is you should be back in action before or right around playoffs.

Meniscus tears are way better the ACL. A guy on my team tore his ACL a month before my tear and is still out.

The key is when you start playing again, it takes a while to trust it again. I also used and hinged brace for the first two months back. But now my knee is back to the way it was before the surgery.

GL on the Surgery and rehab, keep me posted how it is going. Also if you have any questions just let me know.
            Awesome. This is all good to know. I know everyone is different, but i've always been a quick healer and a motivated rehabber. Then again, i'm almost 40 now, so we'll see. I'll keep you up to date.
            Every
            Villain
            Is
            Lemons

Comment

Things turned out pretty well, I guess. I'm feeling pretty good, now, with only 1 vicodin in my system, which I took 4 hours ago. The doctor found a second tear and had to repair that as well. I'll have to talk to him more tomorrow. When he came around after surgery, I was still groggy and in a lot of pain, so I didn't catch everything he was saying.

The really huge bonus is that I have a freshly shaved knee.
              Every
              Villain
              Is
              Lemons

Comment

Things turned out pretty well, I guess. I'm feeling pretty good, now, with only 1 vicodin in my system, which I took 4 hours ago. The doctor found a second tear and had to repair that as well. I'll have to talk to him more tomorrow. When he came around after surgery, I was still groggy and in a lot of pain, so I didn't catch everything he was saying.

The really huge bonus is that I have a freshly shaved knee.
                GLAD TO HEAR IT WENT OK BUD......................

PS THE DOCTOR SAID GO YANKEES
                2007 BCS and 2009 BCS CHAMPS
                2006 & 2007 NCAA MENS BASKETBALL CHAMPS
                2008 & 2010 RAYS BASEBALL AMERICAN LEAGUE CHAMPS

Comment

Glad everything went well for ya Mule!!!
                  "Calling an illegal alien an 'undocumented immigrant'
                  is like calling a drug dealer an 'unlicensed pharmacist'"

Comment

Originally posted by bhs4life
                    GLAD TO HEAR IT WENT OK BUD......................

PS THE DOCTOR SAID GO YANKEES
                    It's funny you say that because after he stopped by, he told me he was going to watch the Yankee game.

The fortunate thing about living in the NYC area is the amazing choice of doctors you have. The guy who did my shoulder and elbow, a few years back, consulted with the Mets form time to time and was the team surgeon for Fordham and Columbia.

This guy today works as a surgeon with the football Giants and colleges in the area.
                    Every
                    Villain
                    Is
                    Lemons

Comment

I'm feeling pretty good, now, with only 1 vicodin in my system, which I took 4 hours ago.
                      Mule- you are truly a brave man!!!
                      Glad to hear everything went so well!
                      "That ain't working, that's the way you do it... get your money for nothing and your picks for free"

Comment

Originally posted by phonepole
                        Mule- you are truly a brave man!!!
                        Glad to hear everything went so well!
                        About 6 years ago I reconstructive elbow surgery. Before I left the hospital, they told me to take 2 vicodin every 3-4 hours, which I did. I felt so good that day, I gave my wife the best sex she had that day, with my arm in a cast and brace.

When I woke up the next morning, I proceeded to puke my guts out for the next 24 hours.

You'll all be happy to know, though, that in one of the 5 minute periods that I wasn't throwing up, I got all my college football action in for the day.
                        Every
                        Villain
                        Is
                        Lemons

Comment

Homer.....

Just as an update, it doesn't look like i'm going to have the quick recovery you had. The doctor and physical therapist both kind of chuckled at me when I said my goal was to be back to playing ball in the middle of July.

Turns out the second tear required a procedure called "microfracture". I attached a link. This requires a much longer rehab and recovery period than when they simply remove and clean up the tear.

http://www.steadman-hawkins.com/knee...e/overview.asp
                          Every
                          Villain
                          Is
                          Lemons

Comment

Best wishes on your recovery mule

Comment

Wishing you a speedy recovery Mule.
                              "Calling an illegal alien an 'undocumented immigrant'
                              is like calling a drug dealer an 'unlicensed pharmacist'"

Comment

Working...
                              X