Riddle I can't get

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Riddle I can't get

This is going to make you Mad. There are three words in the english alphabet that end in "gry". One is angry and the other is hungry. EveryOne knows what the third ONE means and what it stands for. EveryOne uses them everyday, and if you listened very carefully, I've given you the third word. What is it? _______gry?

Aloha, Mighty Mouse

Could it be hungry? Gry is the first, angry is second, hungry is third, and we are hungry everyday!

Comment

Mike1, I called my friend and that is not the answer.

Mahalo, Mighty mouse

Comment

Here's your answer

This is what I've found for you mighty mouse.

There are three words in the English Language that end in "GRY;" One is "Angry," the other is "Hungry." Everyone knows what the third one means and what it stands for. Everyone uses it every day. If you have listened carefully, I've given you the third word. What is that word?
        "ENERGY." The riddle did not say that "GRY" should be in the same order.

~~~ Tigger

Here's the website: www .shabbir.com/jokes/riddles/ansridd.html

Comment

The answer is "language". The key sentences are the second and third. If you go by those two, the answer is language. The first sentence is trying to throw you off...Good Luck!!!

Fatman
          Joe Thorton for MVP

Comment

The English Alphabet
            In this case the third word is ALPHABET. Everybody uses it, and you already said it.

Comment

Because

you did not specify the ORDER of the letters I would have to guess that everyone uses and knows what your home or body does or uses is

ENERGY

at some point every day!

Goldv
              I am NOT schizophrenic......and NEITHER am I! Just paranoid that fear may overcome my insanity!

Comment

Originally posted by Mike1
                The English Alphabet
                In this case the third word is ALPHABET. Everybody uses it, and you already said it.

You are correct, I read it wrong and put in language...I am going with Mike 1 on this one.
                Joe Thorton for MVP

Comment

But

strictly speaking the alphabet has all 26 letters including those three BUT does not END with any of those 3 in the word itself.

I will vote for this one!!

http://www.fun-with-words.com/word_g...ry_hungry.html
                  I am NOT schizophrenic......and NEITHER am I! Just paranoid that fear may overcome my insanity!

Comment

Originally posted by GoldVike
                    strictly speaking the alphabet has all 26 letters including those three BUT does not END with any of those 3 in the word itself.

I will vote for this one!!

http://www.fun-with-words.com/word_g...ry_hungry.html

I knew you would come with something Vike....Take care!!!
                    Joe Thorton for MVP

Comment

OGRY is the last word!!!
                      :angryfire :angryfire

Comment

Fats, believe it or not you were right the first time, I cheated with an msn search, and found this:

Words Ending With -GRY
                        By Sarah Lane

Topic: Words that end in G-R-Y

ClassBrain Question:

I was told there are three words in the English language that end in "gry" (angry, hungry) what is the third word?

Thank you,
                        A.H.

ClassBrain Response:

A riddle is a misleading, or puzzling question posed as a problem to be solved or guessed. This question is a riddle.

This riddle has been around for over 20 years! The reason why it continues to trick people, is because it is usually told or written wrong, thereby creating a puzzle with no answer.

The correct form of this riddle is:

“Think of words ending in -gry. Angry and hungry are two of them. There are only three words in the English language. What is the third word? The word is something that everyone uses everyday. If you have listened carefully, I have already told you what it is.”

Look familiar? The first two sentences have absolutely nothing to do with the riddle. They are there just to trick you.

So ‘what is the third word?’

The third word is actually “language” if you answer this question correctly.

“There are only three words in the English language.”

Get it? Three words? THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE. Last word language?

Language is definitely something we use everyday. So there's your answer!

There are actually a bunch of words ending in -gry in the English language, just so you know.

To unlock riddles, focus on the words used. Read Carefully!

Here’s another riddle for you to try on your friends:

“Name this famous rock group who consists of four members. All four members are dead; one of them was murdered.”

The answer is: Mt. Rushmore!
                        Last edited by Blackbeard; 03-31-2005, 09:49 PM.
                        Lord Knows I'm A Voodoo Child

My record Click Here

Comment

Much mahalos on all your help. Now I can enjoy the beach at Makapu'u. You all eased my mind. Aloha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Blackbeard, thanks for that riddle. My friend in Honolulu is STOMPED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mahalo, Mighty Mouse

Comment

Working...
                            X