Driven To Suicide? Now Murder (teens)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Driven To Suicide? Now Murder (teens)

2 TEENS FROM NEW JERSEY GOING 120 MILES AND HIT A POLE AND THE CAR WAS SPLIT IN 1/2..TRIED TO KILL THEMSELVES THIS WAY.1 KID KILLED NOW THE OTHER WILL BE CHARGED WITH MURDER..UNBELIEVABLE.I CAN THINK OF SOME EASIER WAYS TO TRY AND KILL URSELF..PLEASE READ..THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH GAMBLING BUT JUST THOUGHT I'D POST IT..RIP

DRIVEN TO SUICIDE

By JEANE MacINTOSH and MARSHA KRANES
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

December 22, 2004 --
    The two teen pals involved in the horrific New Jersey crash that killed one had made a "Thelma and Louise" suicide pact, a source close to the case told The Post.

"Each of them had a note in his own handwriting in a pocket of his jeans outlining their intentions," said the source.

One of the death notes written by unlicensed driver Joshua Aanestad, 16, and his doomed passenger Richard Von Deesten, 15, claimed "they were the first to do it since 'Thelma and Louise' " — a reference to the cliff-plunging finale of the 1991 on-the-road buddy movie starring Susan Sarandon and Geena Davis.

"No clear reason was given in either note" for the suicide pact, the source added.

In a chilling twist, Von Deesten, who died in the smash-up, also left behind a ghoulish farewell for his instant-message buddies, classmates at South Brunswick HS reported.

It said, "Sorry I can't be around for the holidays. Hopefully you can enjoy it without me."

Aanestad, who survived the crash with head injuries, has been charged with murder as a juvenile, but local prosecutors are expected to seek to charge him as an adult, investigative sources said.

The teen was questioned by detectives yesterday at Robert Wood Johnson Memorial Hospital.

Assistant Middlesex County prosecutor Nick Sewitch would neither confirm nor deny the existence of a suicide pact or suicide notes.

So far, he said, "our investigation has revealed that [Aanestad] was intending to kill himself as well as his passenger."

The teen, who had taken his mother's car without permission, was speeding north on Route 1 in South Brunswick with his best friend shortly before 4 a.m. Monday when he swerved into the southbound lanes and deliberately slammed into a utility pole, investigators said.

The impact ripped the car into two mangled pieces.

One piece skidded 100 feet past the pole and then stopped, sending Aanestad flying through the windshield.

The other piece ended up wrapped around the utility pole, with Von Deesten pinned inside.

The two teens reportedly had told classmates about a prior suicide attempt, according to a source.

Asked about the report, high-school principal Timothy Matheney would only say he had "no firsthand information about it."

At the Route 1 crash scene yesterday, two of Von Deesten's cousins stapled a photo of the teen to the utility pole.

One cousin, Karina Oller, who was visiting from Florida for the holidays, said she had spoken to Von Deesten late Sunday — just hours before the suicide smash-up.

"He had just put the Christmas tree lights up at Grandma's house," she said, adding that the suicide pact "just doesn't make sense."

If they were both willing then how the hell can they charge the driver with murder charges? What if the driver died and the passenger lived would they charge the passenger with murder chargers? I highly doubt it.

And at such a young age why do they even consider killing themselves? They have their whole lives ahead of them and I assume their health.

Comment

The scary part is, the picture of the car and how the driver lived> You have a great point about the charge.I guess they can call the car the murder weapon ..i dont know..good luck bc & happy holidays all.

Comment

Working...
      X