X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• deadline deals

Saturday, July 31, 2004

Boston Red Sox
    Acquired SS Orlando Cabrera from Montreal and 1B Doug Mientkiewicz from Minnesota, sent SS Nomar Garciaparra, OF Matt Murton and cash considerations to the Chicago Cubs, who sent SS Alex Gonzalez, RHP Francis Beltran, INF Brendan Harris to Montreal and LHP Justin Jones to Minnesota. Acquired OF Dave Roberts from Los Angeles for OF Henri Stanley.

Los Angeles Dodgers
    Acquired CF Steve Finley and C Brent Mayne from Arizona for C Koyie Hill, OF Reggie Abercrombie and LHP Bill Murphy. Traded LHP Tom Martin and cash to Atlanta for LHP Matt Merricks.

New York Mets
    Traded RHP Scott Erickson and cash to Texas for a player to be named.

New York Yankees
    Traded RHP Jose Contreras and cash to the Chicago White Sox for RHP Esteban Loaiza. Recalled OF Bubba Crosby from Columbus of the IL.

Friday, July 30, 2004
    Anaheim Angels
    Terminated the contract of OF Raul Mondesi.

Cincinnati Reds
    Traded RHP Todd Jones and OF Brad Correll to the Philadelphia Phillies for RHP Josh Hancock and SS Anderson Machado.

Kansas City Royals
    Traded INF Jose Bautista to the New York Mets for C Justin Huber New York Yankees

San Francisco Giants
    Traded RHP Felix Rodriguez to the Philadelphia Phillies for OF Ricky Ledee and RHP Alfredo Simon

Mets also dealt their best pitching prospect, Scott Kazmier for Victor Zambrano, and dealt Wigginton basically for Benson. That is by far the best deal a team has made. Kazmier is your basic Texas firearm, but stands about 5'11. Yes he can throw the ball, about 94-96, but with his little build it has injury prone written all over it.

Worse deal in my opinion was dealing Loiza for Contreras. There is literally no value in that trade. Your dealing an ace for shit.

Dodgers made the best moves, but the Cubs got what they needed, a SS and it adds to a powerful lineup with the best 1-2-3 pitching punch in baseball.
    My grandmama' daughter ain't raised no sucker

I think the cubs did well getting Nomar and the Yankees did good too as Contreras isn't that good.

Comment

Working...
    X