Opinions wanted on summer vacation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinions wanted on summer vacation

Im down here is Houston with wife and 2 kids (11 n 7) looking to spend a 3-4 day weekend somewhere this August. I want a couple nice golf courses and the wife and kids want a beach nearby...any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I just looked at this site a couple days ago. Jewel Runaway Beach and Golf Resort in Jamaica. It had great reviews and has everything you listed.
    Today I will be Happier than a Bird with a French Fry

Comment

Thanks Che Che ill check it out

Comment

Stayed at Jewel Dunn's River Falls in Jamaica for my honeymoon last year. Highly recommend any of the Jewel resorts. The one CheChe mentioned had several more golf courses nearby.

Never been and maybe you can get some more input, but I've always heard the Charleston, SC area is awesome for golfing with the beach nearby as well.

Comment

http://www.charlestongolfguide.com/courses/

Comment

Monterey, Calif.

Several great golf courses in different price ranges. Pebble Beach of course. But a favorite of mine is Poppy Hills and reasonably priced. Spyglass is pretty good too. All 3 are part of the tour courses during the Pro Am.

The Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk for the kids with rides and tons of family fun.

The Monterey Bay Aquarium.

Great restaurants.

Tons of accommodations.
            [email protected]

I'm just here so I won't get fined....

Comment

Myrtle Beach South Carolina!

Kids will love it, awesome golf!!
              Questions, comments, complaints:
              [email protected]

Comment

Can't believe the first suggestions aren't North Dakota. One thing I found out about the Monterey Bay area, it can be very cool in the summer time til you leave the bay area, I actually ended up buying coats in the middle of July. And make sure you don't go during the Cannery Row motorcycle convention. Unless you like the sounds of Harleys til 4 AM. (Yes, I'm old) That was just my 1 time experience. But the golf is incredible. My vote for family would be Myrtle Beach also. Never been to Jamaica but I would think August would be fairly hot that time of year. Let us know what you decide, and how the trip goes.

Comment

LOS ANGELES - A United SkyWest Airlines regional jet that was unable to extend part of its landing gear safely touched down at Los Angeles International Airport on Monday with 43 people on board, officials said.

Local television station KTLA showed the plane, which the airline identified as SkyWest Flight 5316 operating as United Express, after it landed on its belly with at least part of its landing gear undeployed.

The pilot of the plane, which was traveling from Monterey, California, to Los Angeles did not report any injuries among the people on board who deplaned onto the runway, Federal Aviation Administration spokesman Ian Gregor said in an email.

If you decide on Monterey, don't fly United Skywest

Comment

Originally posted by jcindaville View Post
                    Myrtle Beach South Carolina!

Kids will love it, awesome golf!!
                    I second Myrtle Beach. Ton of stuff to do for the wife and kids and a shitload of golf courses for you.

Comment

Working...
                    X