Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Open Letter to my BC family

BC Family,

October 29th I celebrated 3 years of sobriety. My wife celebrated her 3 years October 24th. It's been a long and rewarding road so far. Our original group lost their meeting place two years ago and at that time my wife and I formed LifeTime Recovery and with the help of some other addicts now have meetings seven days a week 365 days a year. I work closely with our County Drug Court and the Judge that is over it. We deal with both alcohol and drug addiction addicts and now have over 24 members with a year or more of sobriety.

I'm telling you this because when I announced to my BC Family three years ago about our fight with alcohol addiction we got a wave of support from the BC Family. We want to thank each and every one of you for your support and prayers, you will never know how much it was needed. THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU.

For all you new members I encourage you to be a part of this group, you will never find a better bunch of guys anywhere.

Sincerely,
    Mr. & Mrs. CheCheBoFumbe
    Today I will be Happier than a Bird with a French Fry

Originally posted by CheCheBoFumbe View Post
    BC Family,

October 29th I celebrated 3 years of sobriety. My wife celebrated her 3 years October 24th. It's been a long and rewarding road so far. Our original group lost their meeting place two years ago and at that time my wife and I formed LifeTime Recovery and with the help of some other addicts now have meetings seven days a week 365 days a year. I work closely with our County Drug Court and the Judge that is over it. We deal with both alcohol and drug addiction addicts and now have over 24 members with a year or more of sobriety.

I'm telling you this because when I announced to my BC Family three years ago about our fight with alcohol addiction we got a wave of support from the BC Family. We want to thank each and every one of you for your support and prayers, you will never know how much it was needed. THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU.

For all you new members I encourage you to be a part of this group, you will never find a better bunch of guys anywhere.

Sincerely,
    Mr. & Mrs. CheCheBoFumbe
    Awesome post CheBo. It's honestly guys like you that make me want to come here each and every day. You're a good guy, great handicapper and a sincere person. You are to be commended for having the strength to admit you had a problem and dealing with it with courage and conviction. Congrats to you and your wife for 3 years of sobriety. I don't know what it's like to have the grip of an addiction overpowering me or how hard it is to be rid of it, but from what I hear, it's one of the hardest things to face and conquer in life. Thanks for being here bro. We all benefit from you being here.

Last edited by jcindaville; 11-17-2014, 05:43 AM.
    [email protected]

I'm just here so I won't get fined....

Comment

Awesome job CheChe! I can not be any more proud of what you and your wife have accomplished with sobriety and your character shines through with the spirit of helping others as well. Keep up the good work my friend, we're always here for you!

Comment

3 years ain't easy bro, very nice to read some positive news. Alcohol and drug addiction are a rampant problem in our society today, it always amazes me to see people triumph over their demons!!

Read a long time ago that 13 out of 100 alcoholic/addicts make it to long term sobriety, and long term is considered 5 years. Pretty staggering number when you think about that.

Thanks for opening up and sharing with us Che, it's good to hear about you and the misses kicking booze in it's ass!!!
        Questions, comments, complaints:
        [email protected]

Comment

That's great news, CheChe!

It doesn't surprise me a bit that you would want to help others that are struggling. Keep up the great work!

Comment

Working...
          X