Robin Williams' reportedly suffered dementia before suicide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Robin Williams' reportedly suffered dementia before suicide

Newly leaked details about the events leading up to Robin Williams' death paint a painful picture of the beloved actor's final days.
    The late actor committed suicide in August, shortly after learning he had Parkinson's disease, but the latest report suggests it might have been Lewy Body Dementia that ultimately lead to his death.

Lewy Body Dementia is a condition commonly associated with Parkinson's and affects an estimated 1.3 million Americans, and according to the Lewy Body Dementia Association as many as 80 percent of patient experience visual hallucinations.

A coroner's office report released Friday stated that the actor had no alcohol or illegal drugs in his system at the time of his death.

According to TMZ, doctors and sources connected with the family say dementia was a "key factor" they believe drove him to take his own life.

I read this too. Really sad it came to this. He was a brilliant comedian and I grew up watching many funny skits from him. I think many actors/entertainers live dark lives that we don't know much about....
    [email protected]

I'm just here so I won't get fined....

Comment

Working...
    X