Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smokers/Big Green Egg

All:

Been looking at buying a smoker for my house. Really interested in the Big Green Egg's that are out there now. Anyone have any experience with one or any other particluar smokers out there that anyone suggests?

Thanks in advance

Big green egg is the best by far. I have several buddies that have them and we use them all the time. It's amazing!!! And they have a few different style thermometers that you can buy. They have one thermometer that's expensive but it will hold the temp you program in the whole time. And you have to buy a pizza stone. Pizza on them things are awesome too. So fresh it's unreal.

Comment

We actually have a Eggtoberfest here in ATL every October. You can sample anything you can imagine being cooked. It's a two day deal now with thousands of people showing up. It gets bigger and bigger every year!!!!!

Comment

I don't plan that well, and can't wait that long for my food to get ready. I have trouble just remembering that I left the grill on

Still think this is the grill for you

Comment

My nephew has an egg and a big cast iron wood smoker that weighs about 800 lbs. He puts out some mighty fine smoked meats from both of those. I think the big green egg that he has cost $1100, but he likes it a lot. I'd much rather eat the meat that he smokes rather than smoking it myself. Looks like a lot of work. I'll stick to grilling steaks. I can do that in 10 minutes or less.

Comment

I grill my shit over an open fire ... like the cavemen did!

Comment

Originally posted by Ldawg View Post
              I grill my shit over an open fire ... like the cavemen did!

atta baby, Dawg! Love me some shit cooked over an open fire!

Comment

Originally posted by kbsooner21 View Post
                All:

Been looking at buying a smoker for my house. Really interested in the Big Green Egg's that are out there now. Anyone have any experience with one or any other particluar smokers out there that anyone suggests?

Thanks in advance
                KB,

I asked about a grill years back and a lot of people where telling me to get the Big Green Egg. I went with a propane from lowes that ended up taking back since it was a POS. I did see a smoker online and I think it was $299, but not sure. It could make stuffed peppers in 15 minutes. Don't know if you've ever had them, but there really good. Making them the regular way takes hours so that's why I mention that commercial.

If you get the Big Green Egg let us know how you like it as I love stuff cooked on a grill, but it takes so long to make.

Comment

Fuck the big green Egg and it's $800 price tag. Check out the 16619 Kamodo Kooker Charcoal BBQ Grill and Smoker for about $300. I have had it for about 6 months and love it. I have a friend who has a Big Green Egg and he admits that he can't tell the difference between a brisket cooked on his egg and my Kamodo.

Comment

Thanks Raven. I'll have to check that out.

Comment

Originally posted by kbsooner21 View Post
                      Thanks Raven. I'll have to check that out.
                      KB- Did you ever get your smoker? The Kamodo does look pretty cool!
                      Here's another one that is electric, the Big Chief. These things have been around forever.... the brisket, chicken,and smoked trout I've had out of these, was pretty darn good. Like any grill they are better once they get seasoned, plus use the wood chips.
                      http://www.amazon.com/Smokehouse-Pro...e+chief+smoker

Comment

Working...
                      X