Thinking about Joining the Air Force

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thinking about Joining the Air Force

I was thinking about joining the Air Force and was wondering if anyone could tell me what Basic training is like and what I could expect from it....Thanks
    Life is a garden, dig it

If you aint first your last

Its a satchel Indian Jones had one

I have an ex sister in law who joined years back. She has the IQ of a dead possum. If she can make it through, it cant be that hard. I really dont know. If you do join, I wish you the best and thank you for serving our country.

Disclaimer - This message in no way is meant to defame any possum families who have lost a loved one due to traffic mishaps based upon their inability to cross a road.
    He who wears diaper knows his shit - Confucius

Comment

Never did it myself flyer, but the people I know that have, compare it to football camp at a college level. Get yourself in top physicall shape and you'll be fine. Good Luck

Comment

Originally posted by insidethe8thpol View Post

Disclaimer - This message in no way is meant to defame any possum families who have lost a loved one due to traffic mishaps based upon their inability to cross a road.
        OMG dude you're killing me!

Comment

I have an ex sister in law who joined years back. She has the IQ of a dead possum. If she can make it through, it cant be that hard. I really dont know. If you do join, I wish you the best and thank you for serving our country.

Comment

I have an ex sister in law who joined years back. She has the IQ of a dead possum. If she can make it through, it cant be that hard. .

I am sure you are correct.

BigMike has been in the Air Force for years

Comment

Originally posted by Spark View Post

Easy Chief...

Comment

Originally posted by Spark View Post

He who wears diaper knows his shit - Confucius

Comment

Flyers, I think your decision would be wise as you will gain valuable life skills and get training that will land you a good job when you get out. You will also be elligible for veterans preference on Government jobs which still pay very well (even in this economy) compared to the private sector.
                  When I was a young man back in the early 70's it wasn't cool to serve in the military. Probably one of the worst mistakes I ever made. Good Luck Sarge!

TOUCHDOWN FAT BOY!

I was Born my Pappy's Son,
                  When I hit the ground, I was on the Run!
                  Jon E. Checkers

Comment

Originally posted by flyersfootball6 View Post
                    I was thinking about joining the Air Force and was wondering if anyone could tell me what Basic training is like and what I could expect from it....Thanks
                    Hey man, just saw this.

Including college, I've been in the AF a little over 15 years. If you want the lowdown or have any questions, let me know. If you'd like to talk offline, ask Spark for my e-mail. I know they don't give those out anymore, but this is a BIG life-altering decision so I'm sure he would make an exception here. Not to sound conceited, but it takes a lot to even consider joining the military (I went to play FB and ended up stuck in the AF...lol) so I applaud you!

Comment

Working...
                    X