Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High School Volleyball Coach Throws Ball at Own Player in Disgust

ET By Ryan Wilson

Eric Maxwell takes high school girls volleyball very seriously. Upset with how his team was playing during a match last month, he threw a volleyball at one of his players.

And I'm not talking about tossing the ball in player's general vicinity to get her attention, I'm talking full-on White Goodman yelling "Joanie loves Chachi!" The official gave Maxwell a yellow card, which is the color-coded equivalent of a Dwight Schrute demerit.

This isn't the first time Maxwell's coaching style has come into question. In an April 2008 Newark Star-Ledger story, John Hageny quotes Maxwell as saying, "Anything to see our kids be successful. I am an extremely competitive person. I want to win. I want to put the team in a position to win. I want to do all I can to give them the opportunity for success."

Hageny adds: "Maxwell's hands-on coaching style, however, has often drawn the ire of officials and opposing teams, as well as their fans. 'We just use that as motivation,' Maxwell ... said. 'The more they say, the hungrier we are.'"

In light of Maxwell's recent actions -- and the subsequent backlash -- I'm guessing he's got more motivation than he can possibly use.

High School Volleyball Coach Throws Ball at Own Player in Disgust -- Back Porch FanHouse

thanks to youtube coaches that now act like this now will be fired
    MLB 2012***100-98 +$215 OR +2.15 UNITS
    HUGE PLAYS 2-1

NFL 2011-2012** 6-10
    0-0TOP PLAYS

NCAA FBL 2011-2012**** 26-23

4-1 TOP PLAYS

GOY 33-12 ALL SPORTS

AS of 6/3/12

Comment

Originally posted by tech fan View Post
      thanks to youtube coaches that now act like this now will be fired
      If that was my kid I would have given him an ass beating right there and then.

Comment

Originally posted by BettorsChat View Post
        If that was my kid I would have given him an ass beating right there and then.

Yes and then you would be charged with assault. Great court system we have.

I hope he does get a fucking beating for that
        NBA is a joke

Comment

Coach made an ass of himself.
          MLB (2014): (3-4) -.9 units

Comment

Originally posted by flarendep1 View Post
            Yes and then you would be charged with assault. Great court system we have.

I hope he does get a fucking beating for that
            I agree the Court System is fucked up. Created by Big Corp for Big Corp, but I still would have clocked that bitch.

Comment

Wow was thinking the same thing I don't even know the girl and I want to knock that bitch coach out!

Comment

Working...
              X