How Do You Collect on This Bet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Do You Collect on This Bet?

This is actually posted at Bookmaker. I thought it was for laughs(and it probably is), but I tried betting it for $1.00, and the site would have accepted my bet had I confirmed it.
    Am I missing something here?:

ENTERTAINMENT - Nov 20
    8:00 AM IF THE WORLD ENDS IN 2012, HOW WILL IT HAPPEN?
    48701 EARTH WILL BE HIT BY AN ASTEROID OR METEOR

+750
    48702 AS A RESULT OF A NUCLEAR WAR

EV
    48703 A PLANET WILL COLLIDE WITH OR PASS BY EARTH

+1000
    48704 EARTH WILL BE SWALLOWED BY A BLACK HOLE

+1200
    48705 EARTH’S POLAR CAPS WILL MAKE A SUDDEN SHIFT

+1300
    48706 THE SUN WILL GIVE OFF SOLAR FLARES

+3000
    48707 IT’S NOTHING, JUST THE MAYAN CALENDARS RESETTING I

ps Perhaps Bookmaker has an office in the Hereafter and will pay someone there if they "win?" lol
    Last edited by savage1; 11-18-2009, 09:57 PM.

I mean really if it happens who gives a shit.

Comment

Originally posted by BettorsChat View Post
      I mean really if it happens who gives a shit.
      Talk about sucker bets and/or a trap.
      Yet something tells me that there is someone dumb enough out there who will take the +1300 or +1200, figuring he knows what is going to happen and not bothering to think /worry about/consider the fact that he won't be around to collect if he "wins."

Comment

How could you lose if you bet nothing will happen and the world will not end

Comment

I personally think the fact that is a wager is sickening.

WTF is up with people, who even offers something like that.
          Questions, comments, complaints:
          [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by Letswinalot View Post
            How could you lose if you bet nothing will happen and the world will not end
            Seriously, if you have any money in your account the day before this is supposed to happen, bet your entire account. Shit, empty you bank account and bet everything you on have on nothing happening. If you lose the bet you are dead anyway, so as mentioned, no risk.

Comment

Originally posted by harold_bush View Post
              Seriously, if you have any money in your account the day before this is supposed to happen, bet your entire account. Shit, empty you bank account and bet everything you on have on nothing happening. If you lose the bet you are dead anyway, so as mentioned, no risk.
              I doubt there will be even a line posted at least as far as nothing happening goes as we near the event let alone the day before it.
              It looks like Bookmaker wants your money NOW hoping that stupid and foolish people will take the attractive plus odds and not consider that even if they are right, they won't be around to enjoy it. Duh
              ps At least the folks who run Bookmaker can enjoy the money of the morons who bet this absurd bet during the interim period unless of course Sustain Dan and his followers clean them out during that time.

Comment

Originally posted by harold_bush View Post
                Books put limits on such wagers as these.

Comment

Originally posted by jcindaville View Post
                  I personally think the fact that is a wager is sickening.

WTF is up with people, who even offers something like that.
                  I've seen a lot worse like what day do you think such and such is going to die on.

Comment

This is crazy

Comment

uncle savvy=YOU HAVE WAY TOO MUCH TIME ON YOUR HANDS-LOL !!
                      DON'T YOU EAT THE YELLOW SNOW !! PS-MARVIN LOVES SPLIT SALAD !!

Comment

Working...
                      X