He's back......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He's back......

now i dont think Rush will own the Rams but why does this guy have to always put his nose into things? Where was HE on other recent topics?????? Or does he only speak up for a certain race?

Sharpton seeks rejection of Limbaugh
    Comment Email Print Share
    ESPN.com news services

NEW YORK -- The Rev. Al Sharpton wants the National Football League to block conservative radio host Rush Limbaugh from bidding on the St. Louis Rams.

Sharpton sent a letter to NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell on Monday. He said Limbaugh has been divisive and "anti-NFL" in some of his comments.

NFC West blog

Sando ESPN.com's Mike Sando writes about all things NFC West in his division blog.

• Blog network: NFL Nation

Limbaugh did not immediately respond to a request for comment Monday.

Limbaugh said last week that he is teaming up with St. Louis Blues hockey team owner Dave Checketts in a bid to buy the Rams. He has declined to discuss details of the offer, citing a confidentiality agreement.

In 2003, Limbaugh worked briefly on ESPN's NFL pregame show. He resigned after saying Philadelphia Eagles quarterback Donovan McNabb was overrated because the media wanted to see a black quarterback succeed.

NFL Players executive director DeMaurice Smith on Saturday made a move to solidify the union against Limbaugh's bid in an e-mail to the union's executive committee.

"I've spoken to the Commissioner [Roger Goodell] and I understand that this ownership consideration is in the early stages," Smith wrote in the e-mail. "But sport in America is at its best when it unifies, gives all of us reason to cheer, and when it transcends. Our sport does exactly that when it overcomes division and rejects discrimination and hatred."

At least seven NFL players have publicly opposed Limbaugh's interest in purchasing the Rams with Checketts. In Smith's communication Saturday with his executive committee, the union leader encouraged players to speak their mind on all matters, including Limbaugh's bid.

Information from The Associated Press and ESPN Senior NFL Analyst Chris Mortensen was used in this report.
    jordanrules..................

Why is it any of Sharpton's business who owns an NFL team?

Comment

It wont matter what the union or Sharpton wants. As long as the money is legit the league owners have final say in whether a sale is approved or not. The league wants/needs the Rams to sell. If this is the best deal they get then they wont block sale. BTW...why does it matter what anyone's personal feelings are on any subject? I dont begrudge any KKK or black panther members their right to live and accumlate wealth. No matter what anyone may "feel" about Limbaugh's statements in the past (many of which have been ridiculously out of context) it doesnt mean that they can supress his rights as an individual. If the owners feel it is not in the best interest of the league then they will block sale. The union and Sharpton are perfectly within their right to make their stances public. Thank you...now let the process work and stay out of it.

PK
      No thrills, frills, spills or write-ups. Just givin ya the winners everyday.

Comment

Personally I can't stand Rush Limbaugh and his arrogant and condescending far right wing and sometimes racist remarks.
        However, I do feel he has the right like anyone else with means to buy anything he wants to including a sports franchise.

Comment

I bet this thread gets Kaz out of retirement ...

I can hear him logging in now

Comment

Originally posted by Spark View Post
            I bet this thread gets Kaz out of retirement ...

I can hear him logging in now
            speaking of .....where did libdog go anyhow?
            2013 NCAA POD Record

8-3ATS +3.80 units

2013 NFL POD Record

1-2 ATS -4.50 units

Comment

Originally posted by kbsooner21 View Post
              Why is it any of Sharpton's business who owns an NFL team?

Because he is a race baiter.....simple as that. He is a nobody until there is something racial that he can poke his nose into.

What is even more outrageous to me is that I heard the Players Union rep asked players to speak out on this issue, w/ several players coming out and saying they would neve rplay for the Rams if Rush owned a team. If the Rams were willing pay any of these jack asses more than the next team I would GUARANTEE they would all sign on the dotted line. It's funny how one statement made by Rush has him branded a racist.....funny as in ridiculous b/c the statement that got him in trouble is true and not racist.

Comment

Originally posted by 10DimeBry View Post
                speaking of .....where did libdog go anyhow?
                Him and I had a few words on the forum about him getting on jordan for something jordan said ... but we know Kaz, he could not let it go so I guess he took his ball and went home ... I even texted him the following day and told him I meant nothing personal to him and to get over it ... But as usual, it did not help ... Oh Well!!!

Comment

Working...
                X