Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Poll-What Do You Consider to be Your Greatest Accomplishment in Life So far?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Poll-What Do You Consider to be Your Greatest Accomplishment in Life So far?

The title says/asks it all. This is an open-ended question and anything goes.

My 100 beer weekend was a great accomplishment in life over Memorial Day weekend. I have been putting my body through intensive training over the last 10 years of my life, very rarely going back to back days without sipping on brew. I want to thank my right arm for being so strong and being able to do endless 12 oz curls. I'd like to thank my liver for not failing and being rock hard and black and able to withstand so much alcohol.

Comment

As far as sports,my greatest accomplishment was in golf. The leader was in the clubhouse and I was 3 back in the final group on 17 tee box which was a par 3.I told a guy on my team I needed to go hole in one and birdie finish to tie.I hit 7 iron from 162 and backed it up in the hole for a hole in one.I was so focused I didn't even crack a smile.Got to 18 and hit Driver and a 9 iron to 5ft and made birdie and ended up taking home the trophy

Funny thing is,that wasn't my greatest golf shot ever.Greatest shot was me and tech fan was drinking in my back yard and I took 2 beer cans and sat them on the ground beside each other.I walked to the top of the yard about 70 yards away and asked him what can he wanted me to hit the left or right.He says "both of them".Swear to God I throw down a ball and 1st swing hit about 5 ft short and it kicked foward and split them and knocked both cans over.I was running thru the neighbors yard like Tiger Woods screaming and pump fisting the sky. 3 holes in one and never took off running like I did that day

Comment

Originally posted by kbsooner21 View Post
        My 100 beer weekend was a great accomplishment in life over Memorial Day weekend. I have been putting my body through intensive training over the last 10 years of my life, very rarely going back to back days without sipping on brew. I want to thank my right arm for being so strong and being able to do endless 12 oz curls. I'd like to thank my liver for not failing and being rock hard and black and able to withstand so much alcohol.
        That tops any story we can come up with.Your an animal

Comment

As far as "IN LIFE" ,two little boys I wake up to everyday is as great an accomplishment I could ever make.

Comment

My wife and I raising our two kids...

5 year old daughter and three year old son

Comment

I pooped a J once, it was amazing!

Anyone can poop a C, but a J, that is a miracle
              Questions, comments, complaints:
              [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by jcindaville View Post

After drinking 8 beers in the car on the way to a football game I pissed in a parking lot one time and spelled my first middle and last name and had enough left to come back and dot the 2 i's in Philip

Comment

And I didn't think it could be done

Comment

Judging by some of the responses so far(which are quite funny and creative and I assume true lol), I think I have a pretty good idea what some of the answers would be had I asked the question "What is Your Greatest Failure So far?"
                    As a matter of fact, within the next few days or so, that will be the next poll question from me-for now, lets keep this one going.

Comment

After being drunk and stoned from age 14-21 almost every single day I have managed to stay 100% sober over the past 2 and a half years and counting. This is easily my biggest accomplishment in life and I plan to keep it going. It is remarkable how well things are going in my life in all aspects today ever since and I wouldnt change anything for the world...
                      SOBER SINCE MARCH 28TH OF 2007!!!

Comment

The comments in this thread are hillarious OMG...
                        SOBER SINCE MARCH 28TH OF 2007!!!

Comment

Aside from the obvious of having 3 great daughters in the sporting world a few immediately come to mind. There's personal achievements and team achievements.

On an individual basis. Being voted MVP in the hockey league's all-star game. Another is scoring 5 goals in a game. I played defense.

In hockey on a team level was winning Long Island regionals and a few league championships. The most satisfying was being invited to play with a perennial lousy team then going to the finals with this 'lousy' team while scoring the OT shootout goal winning the semis to advance into the finals.

In golf, winning my clubs Member/Guest in back to back years with two different guests. Another was winning the Central Florida Oldsmobile Scramble. Our team won easily. Shooting 18 under par. We had 14 birdies, 2 pars and 2 eagles including a teammate having a hole in one.

Comment

Originally posted by jcindaville View Post

I havn't had Diet Coke come out my nose in 30 years, Thanks JC!!! I had a cold too. Now I have snot and pop on my shirt at work!!! I'm going home to watch the Twins game

Originally posted by Chado1 View Post
                            After being drunk and stoned from age 14-21 almost every single day I have managed to stay 100% sober over the past 2 and a half years and counting. This is easily my biggest accomplishment in life and I plan to keep it going. It is remarkable how well things are going in my life in all aspects today ever since and I wouldnt change anything for the world...
                            At least someone took this serious. Congrats Chado....

Comment

From a philosophical point of view, just making it to age 65 and being in good health, sound mind(from my point of view anyway, lol) and in good spirits, I consider an accomplishment with a big assist to the genes of my parents and the Man Upstairs.
                              To some things more tangible, I am proud of my two children and of course my four month's methodical venture of "searching the world" to find a great wife in 2005, which I now have.
                              Also, I am quite proud of my 34 year career of doing quality control/investigative and social work in the Dept. of Public Assistance.
                              Sportswise, I was a pretty good slow pitch softball player in my younger days and pitched on occasion-my greatest accomplishment was pitching a one hit shutoutI(and no the other team didn't bat blindfolded).
                              Last edited by savage1; 10-06-2009, 03:55 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X