Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Frank B, zip drive issue I'm having. Can you help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frank B, zip drive issue I'm having. Can you help?

Frank,

My damn zip drive will not save anything off my computer. For the longest time it was giving me a "generic volume can not be stopped at this time. Please try again later." error message. I closed all my programs other than Word and that finally got the error message to go away, but my zip drive still wouldn't save my document.

Any suggestions?

zip drives are trash

Comment

Originally posted by BettorsChat View Post
      zip drives are trash
      What do you suggest Mr. IBM?

Comment

zip drives are trash

oh my god...so not helpful

Comment

Originally posted by kbsooner21 View Post
          What do you suggest Mr. IBM?
          How about a DVD R/RW

Comment

How about a DVD R/RW
            Probably cause they don't fit in my pocket very easily

Comment

Probably cause they don't fit in my pocket very easily
              If a pizza can fit in your pocket I think a DVD R/RW could

Comment

Here is some help

Your fat and you have Moobs
                Questions, comments, complaints:
                [email protected]

Comment

Questions, comments, complaints:
                  [email protected]

Comment

bump for Frank

Comment

KB, I would try to back everything up off the Zip Drive, make sure you have all the files you want on this second piece of HW and then reformat the Zip Drive and see if that helps.

Comment

Originally posted by BrezzeEaze View Post
                        KB, I would try to back everything up off the Zip Drive, make sure you have all the files you want on this second piece of HW and then reformat the Zip Drive and see if that helps.
                        What's up Brezze? How ya been buddy? How's the little one?

I don't really have anything on there that I need right now, it's all from previous classes. I tried deleting everything off of it and it acts like it works, but after I plug it back in, all my deleted work shows back up???

How do I go about reformatting the zip drive? I'm not completely ignorant about computers, but not the most savvy either.

Comment

Frank,

My damn zip drive will not save anything off my computer. For the longest time it was giving me a "generic volume can not be stopped at this time. Please try again later." error message. I closed all my programs other than Word and that finally got the error message to go away, but my zip drive still wouldn't save my document.

Any suggestions?
                          Did you try another zip drive floppy?

Comment

Living the dream in sunny CA, the little one is not so little...32lbs and 34" long. He is in the 100% percentile in both weight and height for his age (13-months)
                            If you have a PC, go to My Computer and click on it. All the drives should come up on the screen. Then right click on your Zip Drive and you should see menu item called Format. Click on Format and then follow the steps from there. It should wipe the drive clean.

Comment

Frank,

Any suggestions?
                              In the future get rid of you zip drive. Buy yourself a USB flash drive. I carry mine on my key chain. You can get them at your local Walmart for less than $20. If you can wait buy one online at newegg.com. They always run specials. Usually less than $10.

I have a 4 gig and 16 gig. The 16g cost me about $22 online.

Comment

Working...
                              X