Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are You Happy Where You Live

This should not inspire any controversy:
    Are you happy in the city in which you live right now and why or why not?
    Also, can you ever see yourself moving to another city or state and if so, where and why would you move there(also when if you think it is relevant)?
    ps State which city or at least state you currenly live in for obvious reasons.

I enjoy where I live at, its just the damn neighbors who frigging annoy me.

Where I live, I have the only fire hydrant on the block and these damn people do not know how to put out BBQ's every weekend and I cannot get any sleep with the Fire Dept. always showing up

j/k savage
    He who wears diaper knows his shit - Confucius

Comment

Originally posted by savage1 View Post
      This should not inspire any controversy:
      Are you happy in the city in which you live right now and why or why not?
      Also, can you ever see yourself moving to another city or state and if so, where and why would you move there(also when if you think it is relevant)?
      ps State which city or at least state you currenly live in for obvious reasons.
      I was born and raised on LI. I loved it there. I never thought I would leave. I love Florida. I would never move back to NY. The weather in Florida is great. Here we get to enjoy life for the entire year. In NY you lose about 4 months due to lousy miserable weather. Life here is so much more laid back and relaxing.

Comment

Originally posted by frankb03 View Post
        I was born and raised on LI. I loved it there. I never thought I would leave. I love Florida. I would never move back to NY. The weather in Florida is great. Here we get to enjoy life for the entire year. In NY you lose about 4 months due to lousy miserable weather. Life here is so much more laid back and relaxing.

Frank are you one of those Floridians Jerry Seinfeld jokes about??
        NBA is a joke

Comment

I live in Columbia and I am very hot. I speak some English and like living here but really looking to find an old rich guy to marry and get me out of poverty.

Signed, Mailbrides from Colombia
          NBA is a joke

Comment

Originally posted by flarendep1 View Post
            I live in Columbia and I am very hot. I speak some English and like living here but ever since this strange man from America, who runs an internet site, came to my country, I'd really like to get out of here.

Signed, Mailbrides from Colombia
            Those mailbrides ain't kidding, huh Flare?
            "CFB YTD: 5-8-1 -16.2"

Comment

Mavs, I feel sorry for those Women.

8Pol, that photo is hilarious, could be Trims after another night of 9th inning blown saves.
              NBA is a joke

Comment

Originally posted by flarendep1 View Post
                8Pol, that photo is hilarious, could be Trims after another night of 9th inning blown saves.
                I didn't know what picture you were talking about, and then I scrolled up.....

"CFB YTD: 5-8-1 -16.2"

Comment

I love it about 8 months of the year, I live in Maine, low population (except in the summer), clean air,water, got tons of forest,mountians and the ocean. Then there is this thing called winter that gets pretty old. My brother lives in the bay area in N. cali and I most likely will move there once my daughter is out of college and my financial obligation is over. I'm also thinking about the pacific northwest also.
                  Nothing is as far away as one minute ago.

Comment

In answer to the question I raised, I agree with a lot of what NEJAKE stated in his post.
                    I have lived in western Massachusetts all of my life, like life and the people here and have adjusted to all seasons including the dreaded winter.
                    That being said, I love warm and even hot weather;I consider anything below 65 uncomfortable, meaning generally speaking that the months of October until sometime in late April I am cold here in western Mass.
                    I take vacations to warmer spots during the cold seasons (Florida and Colombia come to mind).
                    I particularly LOVE Florida because of the warm weather and particularly Ft. Lauderdale because of other reasons also;I first visited the city as a teenager when I stayed in my grandmother's condo.
                    I have visited Ft. Lauderdale quite a few times since then and love absolutely everything about that city;thus it is a no brainer where I will go if I choose to relocate in the next few years.
                    ps If things ever got parrticulary dangerous in this country, I would have no problem living out my remaining years in Colombia as long as I could get the Sox games on tv.
                    Last edited by savage1; 09-17-2009, 01:27 PM.

Comment

Lived in two places in my life--Pittsburgh and Columbus Ohio...
                      Pittsburgh blows Columbus away by a few miles...
                      Better atmosphere and people that is for sure. Plenty of things to do here.

Comment

Originally posted by savage1 View Post
                        ps If things ever got parrticulary dangerous in this country, I would have no problem living out my remaining years in Colombia as long as I could get the Sox games on tv.
                        Yea, because those drug lords carrying AK-47's are friendly folks

Comment

Live outside of OKC - luv this place - great place to raise a family
                          grew up north of San Antonio and would love to move back when we retire (i hate winter)
                          updated thru 4/04 play

CFB: (0-1) 1.05 units
                          NFL: (0-0) 0.0 units

Comment

lIVED AND WORKED IN 46 STATES AND 19 FOREIGN COUNTRIES.......

ORIGINALY BORN AND RAISED IN DEEP SOUTH LOUISIANA....

HAVE BEEN LIVING IN OKLAHOMA FOR ABOUT 24 YEARS NOW, LOVE IT HERE......

TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTION, YES, I AM HAPPY WHERE I LIVE, IF I WASN'T I'D MOVE......

THINGS ABOUT LOUISIANA I REALLY MISS....FRIENDS....RELATIVES.....FRESH SEAFOOD.....GREAT RESTAURANTS..USED TO BE ABLE TO PUT BOAT OVER 10 MINUTES AWAY FROM THE HOUSE, RUN FOR 10 MINUTES, THEN DECIDE IF WE WANTED TO GO DEEP SEA FISHING (GULF OF MEXICO), TAKE A LEFT, OR TAKE A RIGHT, GO INLAND, AND DO SOME GREATR BASS FISHING....EITHER WAY ABOUT 15-20 MINUTES RUN TIME....

PEOPLE HERE ARE NICE, BUT THERE'S SOMETHING ABOUT SOUTHERN HOSPITALITY THAT JUST STICKS OUT SUPREME....

MY KIDS (4 OF EM) RESIDE HERE WITH GRANDKIDS, MY BUSINESS IS HERE, FRIENDS ARE HERE, ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS GET USED TO THE EVERCHANGING WEATHER....

GET'S ICEY AND COLD HERE, BUT HOTTER THAN HELL IN LOUISIANA.....THEY ALL HAVE GOOD POINTS AND DRAWBACKS AS WELL......

SIMPLY PUT:

YES----I LIKE (AND AM HAPPY) WHERE I LIVE....

IF I WAS TO HIT A LOTTERY AND COULD MOVE ENTIRE FAMILY MEMBERS ANYWHERE, IT WOULD BE

UP STATE NY (ADIRONDACKS) SPELLING ??, OR COLORADO SPRINGS COLO......
                            Last edited by Kaptain; 09-17-2009, 03:37 PM.

Don't make me go Cajun on your Ass!

Comment

Working...
                            X