Bettorschat Forum Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bettorschat Forum Question

I am sure this won't get as many responses as a marriage thread or the Meow Meow lick my pussy thread....and who the fk knows why I am asking this but I am...

Since joining BC--what has changed in the way you wager?
    I guess I am asking do you just follow others now??? OR---say fk it I am THE man no one tells me what to play...just a browser or what??? I for one post plays and try to track this shit to try to get better--that is just me--

Pretty simple question....

I will start...and add to what I already said...
    I still like to play my own plays---sometimes it shows..sometimes I get fkd and sometime I do well....There are a few where I will follow in sports I have no clue about--EX--MOONDOG in Tennis...

I think it makes us a little smarter in the long run...

Ok Mr Bryce, being the creator of the two threads you cited, let me be the first to answer albeit not quite directly yout thread.
    First you must start with the premise that left on my own, I am crappy capper and would be one the best around to fade.
    Since joining this forum and another one and checking daily the picks of some very good and consistent here and those at the other forum (which relies mostly on the picks of paid cappers) , I do a lot better than I used to on my own(defined to mean that over the long haul I lose my money somewhat slower. lol).
    I also have several free sources of good comp. plays which keep me in the game so to speak.
    In summary, forums like this have helped me simply because at least when it comes to handicapping and betting games on my own, I simply don't trust my own judgment.
    I had and have much better judgment in "handicapping" and researching who was/is a great choice for me to marry.
    Hope that helps.

Comment

I play my own games for the most part. I follow VERY few cappers though I will often bump picks in my better sports when I find other good cappers here are on them.

Basically I find that NFL football is easy to cap and therefore I only play my own picks. I suck at NCAAFB so I follow Kapt mostly cause I trust that he knows what he's doing.

I do pretty well in NBA so I cap that myself and dont really enjoy NCAABB so I typically dont follow anyone there.

I've followed coverboy some on MLB and I do throw out my own picks though I would say that I am FAR from being good at that. I'm a winner this year though I'm not really confident on it.

The way this place has changed my betting is that mostly I've learned some new and interesting ways to look at games. I used to be more like a square where I would just play the games that "felt" right. Now I'm analyzing stats and adjusting for trends. You know "covering the angles". Keeping detailed records and analyzing everything I can find.

BOL

PK
      No thrills, frills, spills or write-ups. Just givin ya the winners everyday.

Comment

Oh...One more thing that has changed since I got here. I NEVER miss a CFL game

PK
        No thrills, frills, spills or write-ups. Just givin ya the winners everyday.

Comment

Originally posted by savage1 View Post
          Ok Mr Bryce, being the creator of the two threads you cited, let me be the first to answer albeit not quite directly yout thread.
          First you must start with the premise that left on my own, I am crappy capper and would be one the best around to fade.
          Since joining this forum and another one and checking daily the picks of some very good and consistent here and those at the other forum (which relies mostly on the picks of paid cappers) , I do a lot better than I used to on my own(defined to mean that over the long haul I lose my money somewhat slower. lol).
          I also have several free sources of good comp. plays which keep me in the game so to speak.
          In summary, forums like this have helped me simply because at least when it comes to handicapping and betting games on my own, I simply don't trust my own judgment.
          I had and have much better judgment in "handicapping" and researching who was/is a great choice for me to marry.
          Hope that helps.
          Thanks Savage---and being a good sport is great!!
          I mean no harm buddy-just making some fun!!
          Take care!

Comment

Originally posted by poskid View Post
            I play my own games for the most part. I follow VERY few cappers though I will often bump picks in my better sports when I find other good cappers here are on them.

Basically I find that NFL football is easy to cap and therefore I only play my own picks. I suck at NCAAFB so I follow Kapt mostly cause I trust that he knows what he's doing.

I do pretty well in NBA so I cap that myself and dont really enjoy NCAABB so I typically dont follow anyone there.

I've followed coverboy some on MLB and I do throw out my own picks though I would say that I am FAR from being good at that. I'm a winner this year though I'm not really confident on it.

The way this place has changed my betting is that mostly I've learned some new and interesting ways to look at games. I used to be more like a square where I would just play the games that "felt" right. Now I'm analyzing stats and adjusting for trends. You know "covering the angles". Keeping detailed records and analyzing everything I can find.

BOL

PK
            Thanks PK!!

Comment

Originally posted by poskid View Post
              Oh...One more thing that has changed since I got here. I NEVER miss a CFL game

PK
              Me either glad to have another fan on board!!!

SOBER SINCE MARCH 28TH OF 2007!!!

Comment

Since joining bettorschat about 3 years ago I have learned to use better money managment. I still make big wagers and stuff but for the most part I chase less and make dumb bets less. I think this is the biggest improvement with betting sports that I have gained IMO....

Comment

Originally posted by Chado1 View Post
                  Since joining bettorschat about 3 years ago I have learned to use better money managment. I still make big wagers and stuff but for the most part I chase less and make dumb bets less. I think this is the biggest improvement with betting sports that I have gained IMO....
                  I still chase and make dumb bets but the key word is less. I think the biggest thing of all I have gained is patience and not pressing. Like this past Friday there were only 2 CFL games on the board for Week 8 and frankly I didnt like either of them at all so passed until this week. In the past I would have jumped on them both "just cause"....

Comment

When I first started out as a late teen, I first started taking betting tips from this guy Washington. He would always brag on how he won this, won that, crossed the Delaware, blah, blah. I would study and keep a journal with my fountain pen of everything he said. Everytime he would say something, I would run over and sit under my favorite cherry tree and jot it down. He would scream & yell at me to get from under there and if I didnt, he'd chopped the bastard down.

So one day I went to his wife, who was a book, and said I want to place 2 wagers with you Martha. She said, what are they? I said the first 1 is that I can get george to cut down the cherry tree and the 2nd is that he will take the 'dirt nap' before I.

I WON BOTH WAGERS.

I won 4 cents !!!!

signed,

Spark

He who wears diaper knows his shit - Confucius

Comment

at 8pol's post.

I follow very few cappers. I am not the best capper and a lot of times just don't have the time and knowing that, I hitch my wagon to a capper or two. I started doing this at the beginning of football last year into basketball and baseball this year, haven't had any complaints since.

I will follow the plays of those I know are consistent and I trust. But if I do decide to follow someone's plays, I try to follow all or most of them and not "cherry pick" because I find you get burned a lot more often than you score.

So to answer your question, this forum has provided me with steady cappers, who's picks I trust to follow and put my own money on. I still like to cap my own games, when I can, and I will play my own picks for just as much if not more.
                      "CFB YTD: 5-8-1 -16.2"

Comment

I bet a lot less per game than I used too, but every now and creep up there a little, haha. There are a few people I follow, but no one I bet blindly.
                        O..H.........I..O!

2010 NCAA Football: 4-3-1

2010 NFL: 0-0

2009-2010 NCAA Basketball: 30-23-1

Comment

Working...
                        X