Hey Spark?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey Spark?

You ever been to the Frosted Mug Drive in, in the South Side of Chicago? They just showed the Place on Diners, Drive Inns and Dives. Holy shit man, that place and the food look awesome!!!!!!!

I'm so damn hungry right now. I want one of them Texas Burgers and/or Steak sandwiche!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ***THA FIX*** View Post

Pretty Much!!!

Comment

Awesome place for a good burger and great atmosphere .. Like old times ... car hops on the weekends ... Steak sandwiches are great ... there Italian beef sandwiches are a little dry ... I like mine soaked with Au jus and soft bun ... French Fries are very good ... one order feeds 2 at least ...

I used to drive through Alsip frequently about a year ago but I have not been by there in awhile ...

Now you have me wanting to go back there Wayne ... hahahahaha

It reminds me so much of the old A&W Drive ins .... they were the best

Comment

Originally posted by Spark View Post
          Awesome place for a good burger and great atmosphere .. Like old times ... car hops on the weekends ... Steak sandwiches are great ... there Italian beef sandwiches are a little dry ... I like mine soaked with Au jus and soft bun ... French Fries are very good ... one order feeds 2 at least ...

I used to drive through Alsip frequently about a year ago but I have not been by there in awhile ...

Now you have me wanting to go back there Wayne ... hahahahaha

It reminds me so much of the old A&W Drive ins .... they were the best

That is so funny. I told my wife the same thing, it looks like the A&W Drive in we used to have here. The food at that place looked very fresh and VERY tasty. The girls waiting on you in a cheerleader outfit didn't hurt either!

I would love to go there one day. Guy Fieri said it was in "White Sox Country".

Comment

Originally posted by wayne1218 View Post
            That is so funny. I told my wife the same thing, it looks like the A&W Drive in we used to have here. The food at that place looked very fresh and VERY tasty. The girls waiting on you in a cheerleader outfit didn't hurt either!

I would love to go there one day. Guy Fieri said it was in "White Sox Country".
            Ahhhhh You said the girls not me ... hahahahaha

Gorgeous in the outfits .... very friendly and sociable ...

and you are sooooo right on regarding A&W ... while I sit there in my car eating my food I visualize cars from 30 years ago parked in the A&W ... Those were some great times ...

Sox Country?? I was born and raised in Sox Country ... nothing new to this Cubs fan ...

Wayne, I lived 6 blocks from Sox park for 7 years ... back then it was a great neighborhood ... not sure how it is now ... Bridgeport area it is called ... good area ... so many legit local books in Bridgeport it was unreal ... every block had at least one ...
            Last edited by Spark; 06-28-2009, 11:04 AM.

Comment

Cars from 30 years ago??? A&W Drive Ins???

I have no idea what you guys are talking about

Comment

Originally posted by kbsooner21 View Post

You MISSED a whole lot kid ...

I am just sitting here waiting for the jokes ...

Comment

That was my only one

What channel does that show come on? I love food shows (insert jokes here ) and know a couple local places around here that they filmed for it. I'd love to set my dvr to record it

Comment

Originally posted by Spark View Post

Wayne, I lived 6 blocks from Sox park for 7 years ... back then it was a great neighborhood ... not sure how it is now ... Bridgeport area it is called ... good area ... so many legit local books in Bridgeport it was unreal ... every block had at least one ...

No shit? I'm surprised you were not a Sox fan living that close. That must have been cool walking to the park any time you wanted to!

Comment

That was my only one

What channel does that show come on? I love food shows (insert jokes here ) and know a couple local places around here that they filmed for it. I'd love to set my dvr to record it

kb, It is on at all various times and days. I love that show and the Host (Guy) is the best. Very, very, funny man. They go all over the country trying places out and the show will do nothing but make you STARVING!!!

I'm serious, that show always makes me SOOOOO Hungry. I've seen BBQ places down in your area too but i can't think of any names right now. Great Show!!!

Comment

A&W was basically based on A&W Root Beer and that soda was SOOOOO Good in those frosty mugs. Trays hooked right on to your windows and you just sat there eating and watching all the action around you. It was GREAT and i miss those places!

Comment

Originally posted by wayne1218 View Post
                          kb, It is on at all various times and days. I love that show and the Host (Guy) is the best. Very, very, funny man. They go all over the country trying places out and the show will do nothing but make you STARVING!!!

I'm serious, that show always makes me SOOOOO Hungry. I've seen BBQ places down in your area too but i can't think of any names right now. Great Show!!!
                          Eischen's fried chicken was a place they stopped at. Nic's, a little burger joint, and Pop's, another burger joint where they have something like 500 different kinds of "pop's" were the 3 I heard around here they went to. Pop's is the only one out of the 3 I haven't been to. I've been eating Eischen's for years, also the oldest bar in Oklahoma

Comment

Eischen's fried chicken was a place they stopped at. Nic's, a little burger joint, and Pop's, another burger joint where they have something like 500 different kinds of "pop's" were the 3 I heard around here they went to. Pop's is the only one out of the 3 I haven't been to. I've been eating Eischen's for years, also the oldest bar in Oklahoma
                            They also had a place from Manchester, NH last night that looked really good and they are famous for their homemade Twinkies. It is about a 1/2 hour from me and i never knew it existed. May have to try it out and get a Twinkie!

Comment

I caught a DDD episode that I had DVR'd last night. Went to some place called Cemitas Puebla in Chicago. Damn those cemita sandwiches looked freaking awesome!

Any Chicago members ever been there?

Comment

Working...
                              X