Say Thanks Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Say Thanks Today

While my father and one of his brothers battled the Japanese in the south Pacific, three of their brothers and my mother's older brother were right here. Thank God they all survived to liberate concentration camps and meet the Soviets in Berlin.

One of my dad's brothers was with the 3rd Army all the way from the second battle for the Casserine Pass right through the gates of Berlin. The fact that he lasted, on the front lines, for five years is nothing short of a miracle. In his mind, he spent the last few weeks of his life back in a foxhole. I heard what I thought was a little bit of what those men went through. Guys, it was unimaginable. We owe these people everything!

Take a minute today to think about what some people are willing to do for the good of their fellow countrymen and thank God for them.

Originally posted by Udog View Post

While my father and one of his brothers battled the Japanese in the south Pacific, three of their brothers and my mother's older brother were right here. Thank God they all survived to liberate concentration camps and meet the Soviets in Berlin.

One of my dad's brothers was with the 3rd Army all the way from the second battle for the Casserine Pass right through the gates of Berlin. The fact that he lasted, on the front lines, for five years is nothing short of a miracle. In his mind, he spent the last few weeks of his life back in a foxhole. I heard what I thought was a little bit of what those men went through. Guys, it was unimaginable. We owe these people everything!

Take a minute today to think about what some people are willing to do for the good of their fellow countrymen and thank God for them.
    Thanks to all our Vets,past and present.

Comment

Comment

Working...
      X