Anyone ever rented an RV?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone ever rented an RV?

My wife wants to rent one for the family over the 4th of July holiday. All I can think about is the movie with Robin Williams. I know it cannot be that difficult, but any advice or suggestions on make, model, etc?

There would be the four in my family plus two/three more possibly.

can't help ya on this one shoe, sorry
    Nothing is as far away as one minute ago.

Comment

Anyone?

Comment

Never rented one, but your best bet will probably be to go and check them out at several rental places.

How to Rent an RV

best RV to rent? - Google Search

Comment

Originally posted by shoeman530 View Post
          My wife wants to rent one for the family over the 4th of July holiday. All I can think about is the movie with Robin Williams. I know it cannot be that difficult, but any advice or suggestions on make, model, etc?

There would be the four in my family plus two/three more possibly.
          I've rented a few times and i own one that i'm about to sell now.

Renting for weekends from friday 'til monday morning was about $600. They usually take a minmum $500 deposit too in case of damage. You also only get a certain amount of mileage. After say 150 per day, you pay per mile and it gets expensive. They only rent newer models (1-2 years old) and they walk you through everything when you pick it up. I have a 27 footer and that is the size we rented too. To fill the gas tank it is about $120-$150 depensing on gas prices. It can be very expensive but they are a blast!

Comment

Also, 6-8 is about the max for them in the usual 27-29 foot rental. More than 6 actually can get very crowded. Most don't rent the bigger ones because you need another license and they are insurance risks.

Comment

Doesn't KB live in one?
              Three Jack's Record http://www.bettorschat.com/forums/sh...10#post1323910

Comment

Thanks for the insight wayne and the links monte.

Comment

Originally posted by wayne1218 View Post
                  Also, 6-8 is about the max for them in the usual 27-29 foot rental. More than 6 actually can get very crowded. Most don't rent the bigger ones because you need another license and they are insurance risks.
                  I've got a license if you need a driver.
                  Nothing is as far away as one minute ago.

Comment

Working...
                  X