Anyone know Chicago very well?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone know Chicago very well?

Going to 2 games at Wrigley end of July, it's also a bachelor party.

What's a good location to stay in close to the bars downtown but not to far of a cab ride or whatever to the game?

Any suggestions on a nice hotel would be great too, thnx guys.
    "You like the odds of lightning?"

Spark & Greek are there and know it well. Maybe they can help

Comment

The only thing I know about Wrigley-ville is how to get to the park .... I am hardly ever in Chicago ... Wrigley is in a good area of town .. you will not have any problems down there ...

as far as the bars go ... trust me, you will not have any trouble finding them ...

Comment

Originally posted by wayne1218 View Post
        ok, maybe Spark isn't there and doesn't know it well. Check with Greek!

Comment

hahahahaha

I can not get out of there fast enough when i go to the games ... I hate crowds and traffic ....

Comment

Originally posted by Spark View Post
            hahahahaha

I can not get out of there fast enough when i go to the games ... I hate crowds and traffic ....
            I'm with you Joe. I've been to Fenway 1000 times and i couldn't name a hotel in the area. We go down there and make a B-LINE to the Park and a B-LINE back to our car. I hate crowds and traffic too!

Comment

Originally posted by Trotter View Post

What's a good location to stay in close to the bars downtown but not to far of a cab ride or whatever to the game?

Trotter post some of your plays on here.

Comment

I live in IL about 90 miles south of Chicago, but go to several games a year and my brother in law has lived in Wrigleyville the last 5 years or so, I know alittle bit about the area one place thats pretty good is Hampton Inn majestic Chicago it is about 7miles maybe from Wrigley or maybe a little more, and there is a L-train near the hotel that drops u off right at Wrigley and is pretty resonable price wise there are restaurants and bars pretty much all over Chicago you will have no prob finding them near whatever hotel u stay at if its near downtown. U must hit the bars in Wrigleyville NO MATTER WHAT! Im actually heading to a game next Sat for a bachelor party we have a Rooftop rented out in rightfield, cant wait.

Comment

If I were you I would definitely find a hotel in the suburbs just to save a little money. The rooms around the downtown area are going to be expensive. But the bachelor is probably going to be somewhere near downtown so you might not have a choice. Priceline downtown chicago hotels and if thats too expensive you can try oak park,tinley park,lombard, ohare area, midway area.

You can hit up bernies(bar) while at wrigley, you will have a great time there and the people are pretty friendly up in that area. The bars around wrigley are better than the ones downtown, no doubt.

Comment

Trotter, u can find nice hotels downtown for well under $200 a night prob closer to $150, and they will be ina good location, for what u are gonna be there for{bars,restaurants, few miles from Wrigley} most of the hotels have really lowered their rates due to the economy. Afew of my personal fav bars in Wrigleyville, that I will be hitting Saturday when I go are Bernies{best vodka/lemonades},Harry Carrys, Sluggers, Cubbie Bear, Casey Morans{HOT Bartenders} they are right across from Wrigley or very close 2
                    Last edited by FB Coach13; 05-26-2009, 11:35 AM.

Comment

ill have a long detail report for you in 2-3 hours when I get home

Comment

hey Greek gonna be up in Chicago on Sat 4 the Cubs game, have rooftop tix, buddys bachelor party mite have a couple extra tix if interested

Comment

Originally posted by GOLDENGREEK View Post
                          ill have a long detail report for you in 2-3 hours when I get home
                          Greek?
                          "You like the odds of lightning?"

Comment

Originally posted by wayne1218 View Post
                            dont ask megMover. the closest she comes to chicago is sparks basement
                            2013 NCAA POD Record

8-3ATS +3.80 units

2013 NFL POD Record

1-2 ATS -4.50 units

Comment

Working...
                            X