Dynasty-A Great Book

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dynasty-A Great Book

I don't know if anyone has ever said anything in this forum about Tony Massarotti's (a Boston writer) book, Dynasty, The Inside Story of How the Red Sox Became a Baseball Powerhouse.
    Anyways, I am almost done with the book, and imo it is a must read for any Red Sox fan and actually a very good read for anyone who enjoys baseball.
    The book captures all the inner workings and dealings of the transformation of the team from the Dan Duquette years to the one with the new owners and new GM Theo Epstein.
    It is true that much of what is recounted is known to baseball fans and especially Red Sox fans.
    However, the book tells about a lot of stuff which went on behind the scenes which one wouldn't find in a newspaper.
    As a Sox diehard, I found the book fascinating, captivating, well written and extremely easy to read;at times I couldn't put it down.
    The book really does capture the flavor of what went on from the Duquette years up until the present time.
    You won't be disappointed I promise.
    The book(paperbook) is available in bookstores for $15.95, or if you are a cheapo like me, you can purchase it at places like BJ's for $11.99.
    Last edited by savage1; 05-22-2009, 03:35 PM.

Originally posted by savage1 View Post
    I don't know if anyone has ever said anything in this forum about Tony Massarotti's (a Boston writer) book, Dynasty, The Inside Story of How the Red Sox Became a Baseball Powerhouse.
    Anyways, I am almost done with the book, and imo it is a must read for any Red Sox fan and actually a very good read for anyone who enjoys baseball.
    The book captures all the inner workings and dealings of the transformation of the team from the Dan Duquette years to the one with the new owners and new GM Theo Epstein.
    It is true that much of what is recounted is known to baseball fans and especially Red Sox fans.
    However, the book tells about a lot of stuff which went on behind the scenes which one wouldn't find in a newspaper.
    As a Sox diehard, I found the book fascinating, captivating, well written and extremely easy to read;at times I couldn't put it down.
    The book really does capture the flavor of what went on from the Duquette years up until the present time.
    You won't be disappointed I promise.
    The book(paperbook) is available in bookstores for $15.95, or if you are a cheapo like me, you can purchase it at places like BJ's for $11.99.
    Might be a great book but it is certainly mis-titled!
    Three Jack's Record http://www.bettorschat.com/forums/sh...10#post1323910

Comment

Originally posted by Three Jack View Post
      Might be a great book but it is certainly mis-titled!
      I agree to a certain extent, but I think the term is appropriate in that it appears that team will be in strong contention for a number of years to com.

Comment

Working...
      X