How Times Have Changed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Times Have Changed

We are having some work done at the house which necessitated moving some boxes around.
    Well I looked in one of the boxes and lo and behold what did I find but a Red Sox baseball schedule for the year 1964, when frankly the Sox sucked and you could walk up to the ballpark on the day of a game and buy a great ticket.
    Does anyone care to guess what ticket prices were back then?
    Well, let me spare you the thinking;
    There were only four denominations-Box Seats, Reserved Seats, General Admission and Bleachers.
    When you bought a ticket you simply asked what the best ticket in each denomination was in each section and chose accordingly.
    Now for the ticket prices(hold on to your hats):
    Box Seats $3.00
    Reserved Seats $2.25
    General Admission $1.50
    Bleachers $.60
    What will $3.00 get you today at the park-a bag of peanuts perhaps?(If you are lucky lol).
    Last edited by savage1; 05-06-2009, 10:38 AM.

Originally posted by savage1 View Post
    We are having some work done at the house which necessitated moving some boxes around.
    Well I looked in one of the boxes and lo and behold what did I find but a Red Sox baseball schedule for the year 1964, when frankly the Sox sucked and you could walk up to the ballpark on the day of a game and buy a great ticket.
    Does anyone care to guess what ticket prices were back then?
    Well, let me spare you the thinking;
    There were only four denominations-Box Seats, Reserved Seats, General Admission and Bleachers.
    When you bought a ticket you simply asked what the best ticket in each denomination was in each section and chose accordingly.
    Now for the ticket prices(hold on to your hats):
    Box Seats $3.00
    Reserved Seats $2.25
    General Admission $1.50
    Bleachers $.60
    What will $3.00 get you today at the park-a bag of peanuts perhaps?(If you are lucky lol).
    $3 wont even get your car parked close enough to be able to watch the game

PK
    No thrills, frills, spills or write-ups. Just givin ya the winners everyday.

Comment

I now prices have change d but so has wages too

Comment

Here is something else I found in the boxes- a NBA Program dated 12/25/61 at Madison Square Garden?
        What is so special about that youy ask other than it was Christmas?
        Well, what is special is that there were TWO NBA games played there on that day-a doubleheader-the first game was played between Chicago and Detroit and the nightcap between the Knicks and Philadelphia.
        I remember paying going and paying just one admission-something like the long gone double feature at the movies or the now rare single admission double header in baseball.
        I checked through the program and actually there were quite a few doubleheaders during that season.
        I did some research and noted that other teams had them also-the NBA was struggling back then, and I guess the thinking was that if the team brought in two out of town teams to compete in addition to the regularly scheduled game involving the home team, it would help attendance.
        Indeed times really have changed!

Comment

Working...
        X