Chimpanzee attack, they are bad ass animals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chimpanzee attack, they are bad ass animals

Whats crazy is the dumb bitch owner was giving the Chimp alcohol and Zanax!

Story here: 911 tape captures chimpanzee owner's horror as 200-pound ape mauls friend

911 tape captures chimpanzee owner's horror as 200-pound ape mauls friend
    BY Edgar Sandoval In Stamford, Conn., and Rich Schapiro In New York
    DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITERS

Updated Wednesday, February 18th 2009, 12:56 AM

Theodorakis/News

Sandy Herold, owner of Travis the chimpanzee.

Related News
    Articles
    Woman mauled by ape in critical condition
    Chimpanzee killed after attacking woman
    The chilling screams of a crazed chimp mauling a Connecticut woman were captured on a 911 tape - along with the animal's owner begging, "Send police with guns!"

The 15-minute recording captures the bizarre horror of Monday's attack, which left a 55-year-old woman critically injured and the 200-pound ape dead in a hail of police gunfire.

"Hurry, please! He ripped her face off," the ape's frantic owner, Sandy Herold, 70, is heard telling the dispatcher on the tapes released Tuesday night.

"Listen to me, you have to shoot him."

The terrifying screeches of Travis the chimpanzee are heard as he mercilessly pounces on Herold's pal, Charla Nash.

"He killed her!" Herold told the dispatcher. "He ripped her apart. He tried attacking me. How fast can you get here?"

The dispatcher sounds incredulous as Herold describes how she had to stab the burly ape and only aggravated him.

"He's eating her," Herold screamed. "Please have them go faster."

When cops arrived at Herold's Stamford home, she can be heard yelling for them to "Shoot him!"

Nash was so disfigured that a cop on the scene mistook her for a man, telling the dispatcher, "He's got no face."

Fighting back tears Tuesday, Herold mourned the death of her beloved chimp and expressed concern for her friend.

"He was all I had," Herold said outside her home.

She painfully recounted how she stabbed her 15-year-old chimp with a butcher's knife, trying to stop the attack.

Cops shot and killed the rampaging primate when he cornered them in a squad car.

"To do what I did, it was the worst thing in the world," said Herold, a widow whose only daughter died in a car accident.

"He was my kid ... I never left the house without kissing him goodbye."

Herold revealed her heartbreak moments before she headed to Stamford Hospital to visit Nash, who underwent surgery Monday night.

"We're very optimistic right now," said Nash's brother, Steve.

What triggered the normally docile chimp's brutal attack remained unclear. Herold suggested that Travis, who appeared in TV commercials and delighted in sipping wine and surfing the Internet, pounced on Nash because he didn't recognize her.

"She always wore her hair long and brown," Herold said. "Friday she had her hair done. She cut it blond and fluffy. And she was in a different car."

Herold added: "He was very protective of me."

Travis' violence may be linked to a recent bout with Lyme disease, a tick-borne infection that can cause paranoia and mood swings in people, said Stamford police Capt. Richard Conklin.

Cops say that before Travis went berserk, Herold gave him the anti-anxiety drug Xanax because he was acting up. Herold said he never took the drug.

Either way, Travis escaped the house and was running around the lawn when Nash arrived with a stuffed Elmo doll to help coax him back inside. Travis set upon her immediately.

When cops arrived, Travis tore off a police cruiser's side mirror and opened the door, prompting a cornered cop to open fire on the burly ape.

The bleeding chimp staggered back into the house and died.

"I don't blame the cop for what he did," Herold said. "It's a tragedy on both sides."

The attack stunned Herold's friends and neighbors - and even left actress Morgan Fairchild, who once appeared alongside Travis in an Old Navy ad, devastated.

"This is not at all the personality I worked with," Fairchild told the Daily News. "It was like having a very bright child on the set that wanted to be a part of everything. He was just an amiable little guy, friendly and just loved to be the center of attention."
    NBA is a joke

Chimps are siz times stronger than human beings pound for pound. They are bad ass animals in the wild.
    NBA is a joke

Comment

Comment

I remember those commercials. They were TERRIBLE!!!

Poor chimp probably went crazy remembering having to be in a commercial with Morgan Fairchild. That would send anyone over the edge

PK
        No thrills, frills, spills or write-ups. Just givin ya the winners everyday.

Comment

I remember a Chimp in Bakersfield who got pissed because his owners brought a birthday cake for the other chimp in the cage. He went crazy and ripped the face off their friend who was visiting at the time as well. They ended up killing him too.

In the immortal words of Charleton Heston.....""Take your stinking paws off me, you damn dirty ape!"

KAZ
          [email protected]

I'm just here so I won't get fined....

Comment

Wow, that monkey went ape shit.

lol
            Questions, comments, complaints:
            [email protected]

Comment

It goes to show you that regular people shouldn't be able to own exotic pets.

Comment

Originally posted by BettorsChat View Post
                It goes to show you that regular people shouldn't be able to own exotic pets.
                I agree ... This is horrible

Comment

Originally posted by bettorschat View Post
                  it goes to show you that regular people shouldn't be able to own exotic pets.
                  absolutely!
                  updated thru 4/04 play

CFB: (0-1) 1.05 units
                  NFL: (0-0) 0.0 units

Comment

Working...
                  X